Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Wow Al,

Great looking silver doublelaced! Those are some pictures!

Some of my first F3 silver Barnevelder large foul are hatching today and your pictures of your birds is very encouraging. My silver birds will be 7/8 Barnevelder so I am hoping for some nice progeny this spring.

What nice yellow legs your girls have!

Keep up the good work.

Andy

Thank you all for the kind words. This has been a fun and rewarding project for me and I think this year will produce some great prospects. I will be sure to keep you updated with pictures as they develop! ~Al

Mine are bantams.
smile.png

I received your photos and can see that that you are from Corvallis. I assume that is Corvallis Oregon? I live in Albany, OR and since we are just a short distance apart I would like to come see your chickens at your convience. I am planing on getting some chickens for egg production for the 2 of us in my backyard. Albany says I can have up to 4 chickens. I don't remember what kind but my aunt had several bantams that laid brown eggs in her yard when I was a kid so I have a soft spot for bantams.
Stephen Sebastian

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
My new babies. They are 4 days old in the pictures (hatched 3/25). Almost sure there are three girls and three boys. I think Ackley and Albert (Alberta?) could go either way. Their chests are a little darker then they appear in the picture. What do you think?

Last edited:
My new babies. They are 4 days old in the pictures (hatched 3/25). Almost sure there are three girls and three boys. I think Ackley and Albert (Alberta?) could go either way. Their chests are a little darker then they appear in the picture. What do you think?
3 girls for sure:) Augustus looks 100% boy. I am iffy on the others. Congats on the chicks and Happy Easter! Trisha

Your chicks are amazing!! I'm saddened to report I have lost my chick with a broken jaw! She was so bad off I put her out of her misery. Today is a Easter I shall never forget! To wait for your chicks for so long, to care for them, then one of them become injured, and finally commit to the thought of loosing her! Happy Easter to all.

Your chicks are amazing!! I'm saddened to report I have lost my chick with a broken jaw! She was so bad off I put her out of her misery. Today is a Easter I shall never forget! To wait for your chicks for so long, to care for them, then one of them become injured, and finally commit to the thought of loosing her! Happy Easter to all.
hugs.

Back
Top Bottom