Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Hello All,
What a wonderful thread you have here. We've posted once or twice and had wonderful feedback. We have a lone cockerel from Greenfire Farms that we received as part of a Rare Breed mix. We would love to get him into the hands of some real breeders. He's the blue variety, and a beautiful bird. We would make someone a great deal if they were willing to take him this week. We are NPIP certified in California, and will ship anywhere in the US. Please PM us. Here's a couple of recent photos (lighting is not the best)…he's not crazy about getting his picture taken, but I think you can see his coloring here.
Best,
Brice @ SF

Hello All, What a wonderful thread you have here. We've posted once or twice and had wonderful feedback. We have a lone cockerel from Greenfire Farms that we received as part of a Rare Breed mix. We would love to get him into the hands of some real breeders. He's the blue variety, and a beautiful bird. We would make someone a great deal if they were willing to take him this week. We are NPIP certified in California, and will ship anywhere in the US. Please PM us. Here's a couple of recent photos (lighting is not the best)…he's not crazy about getting his picture taken, but I think you can see his coloring here. Best, Brice @ SF
I am in need of a roo... I have a hen from GFF Diane

Quote:
Do not cross with Marans. The shellcolour of a Marans (chocolat dark brown) is totally different from the Barnevelder (reddish brown) There are some good dark egg strains in the Netherlands. I know about the problems with import, but it is a better solution than make use of other breeds. Because than it will take many years to get the appearances back of the Barnevelder.

Quote:
Do not cross with Marans. The shellcolour of a Marans (chocolat dark brown) is totally different from the Barnevelder (reddish brown) There are some good dark egg strains in the Netherlands. I know about the problems with import, but it is a better solution than make use of other breeds. Because than it will take many years to get the appearances back of the Barnevelder.

You can show me many links, but it won't change my point a view.
I have visited several poultry exhibitions in the UK and the eggs of the Welsummers and the Barnevelders do totally not have the same colour of the eggs of the Marans.
In the UK there isn't even an shellcolour scale!
But seriously, is this the way you American Barnevelders breeders want to go?

Sure, why not?
I consider it worse, that dutch and german breeder crossed with Wyandottes!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom