Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Wow Piet, that's a pretty pullet. I wish I could get my girls legs that clean!

Washed and almost ready to go to Nationals tomorrow!

Wow Piet, that's a pretty pullet. I wish I could get my girls legs that clean!

Washed and almost ready to go to Nationals tomorrow!
Good luck at the show. I wish I could be there, would have loved to be able to bring some birds, maybe another time. It is rather a long trip for me!

Trisha,

I am not so sorry to inform you that your mailbox may be filling up ;) you remember those hatching eggs you sent last Spring? Well one hatched and grew into this beautiful girl, "Amanda", who my son James showed Saturday. They won RV and RB in the Junior Show, and Amanda was the first Barnevelder the judges ever remembered being used during Junior Showmanship!

Another one grew into this little "Lady", who won BV and BB in the Open show...

Then we turned around and she had won...

Thank you Trisha for all your hard work! (And I apologize that I am not gifted at picture taking. There are some better photos out there and I'll send them when I can) :D

Last edited:
Trisha,

I am not so sorry to inform you that your mailbox may be filling up ;) you remember those hatching eggs you sent last Spring? Well one hatched and grew into this beautiful girl, "Amanda", who my son James showed Saturday. They won RV and RB in the Junior Show, and Amanda was the first Barnevelder the judges ever remembered being used during Junior Showmanship!

Another one grew into this little "Lady", who won BV and BB in the Open show...

Then we turned around and she had won...

Thank you Trisha for all your hard work! (And I apologize that I am not gifted at picture taking. There are some better photos out there and I'll send them when I can) :D

WOW! Congrats again !!! Great job to you and your son:)

Trisha

So I won hatching eggs on the Easter hatch-a-long and hatched a beautiful Barnevelder Roo, his name is Dashing. I didn't think I would be able to get a hen around here and already had a roo for the mixed flock so I gave him to my sister a few states away. She loves him and he is a great protector of her flock. However I miss him! I was so excited to find Blue Double-Laced Barnevelders eggs and hope to hatch them with the New Years hatchalong. (Will be a few days late starting) Still, so excited! Such big beautiful birds!

So I won hatching eggs on the Easter hatch-a-long and hatched a beautiful Barnevelder Roo, his name is Dashing. I didn't think I would be able to get a hen around here and already had a roo for the mixed flock so I gave him to my sister a few states away. She loves him and he is a great protector of her flock. However I miss him! I was so excited to find Blue Double-Laced Barnevelders eggs and hope to hatch them with the New Years hatchalong. (Will be a few days late starting) Still, so excited! Such big beautiful birds! 

I hope you have a great hatch!

Hello, I'm new to the thread. It seems like people here know a lot about Barnevelders . I have been looking for some good ones that also lay dark eggs in or around sc. Any ideas?? Thanks

Hello, I'm new to the thread. It seems like people here know a lot about Barnevelders . I have been looking for some good ones that also lay dark eggs in or around sc. Any ideas?? Thanks

I'm sorry but I won't have any available for a while. Maybe later next year. I'll keep my ears open though :) if you ever hatch shipping eggs, TLSranch has great hatch rates!

Thanks, I've hatched some with fair success, and I have a few barnes, but I was looking for a few good hens/ pullets that would be ready to lay for spring but it is hard to find good ones or any at all around here. Thanks for the input though and if u here of any in sc would sure appreciate the info thanks again DWC

Well, it's time for me to evaluate some of my young roosters. Gotta figure out who stays and who goes. Thoughts on these guys?

I'm thinking I may keep the one that's by himself in the last pic. The one has A LOT of red in him... I'm thinking he's a cull. Maybe a pet for someone.

Back
Top Bottom