Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Woke up this morning to the kids excitedly shouting, " The chicks are hatching!" Then I heard them start counting...one, two, three and so on LOL. So far there's 11 chicks with a bunch of pips and a few starting to zip.

The kids are now watching cartoons and they both are cuddling a chick in a blanket on their laps. Day- olds are the only chickens allowed in the house. So they are loving it!

Trisha

Congratulations on all the chicks!

Thanks:) so far 16 out, so the pure barnies are about 1/2 hatched. From what I can see most of the eggs left have pips. It looks like 1/2 are girls and 1/2 boys:) The blues will start hatching Tuesday and there are 36 of those.

Let me know if and when you want some more eggs:) I am sorry you lost your most of first barnies to the dog attack. How is the pullet doing?

Trisha

Woke up this morning to the kids excitedly shouting, " The chicks are hatching!" Then I heard them start counting...one, two, three and so on LOL. So far there's 11 chicks with a bunch of pips and a few starting to zip.

The kids are now watching cartoons and they both are cuddling a chick in a blanket on their laps. Day- olds are the only chickens allowed in the house. So they are loving it!

Trisha

Congrats
wee.gif
Can't wait to see pictures!

Trisha

Congrats :weee Can't wait to see pictures!

Well, it's hard to count, but I think I have around 50 chicks so far:) The hatch is taking a while to finish up because of the staggered hatch. I have around 25 pure barnies in the brooder. The blues are hatching like crazy right now with about 10 eggs left to go out of 36 eggs.

Trisha

Edited to add:

Need to start saving up some more eggs:) I think I want to hatch at least a 150 this spring and another 50 or so in the fall. Might let a few broodies hatch some as well.

Last edited:
Congrats on all the babies Trisha :) , I'm so jealous, it's still below zero here, just about the whole month of January!

It's hard to collect eggs before they get frozen! :(

I hope it warms up for you guys soon! We actually might get some rain finally! It's been more like " Juneuary" than January.

Trisha

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom