Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Pics
I would love to more what some of you think about.. my post#I think it was 912.. because I added some barnies I have and wanted to know if the coloring and lacing was correct for them?? I havent a clue.. LOL

Are they double laced.. single laced.. LOL.. I havent a clue.. is the lacing the right way..hehehe I wouldnt know.. but would like to know if this is what barnies are too look like???
xoxoxo

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi, They are double laced and look like barnies to me:) I would say that their lacing is not as clean or clear as it could be. But, my birds tend to run very dark with thick lacing... maybe even too dark. So, I'm more used to the heavily melanized look.

If you look at each feather, the black lacing should be even and clean. The "red/gold" area should also be free from "peppering" or black specks. Ideally this should be true for every feather from neck to tail, but that is a goal we all dream of.

30473_feather.jpg

Ok so while waiting on my barnies in the incubator to develop, I went out to the coop to snap a few pictures of my barnies.
The Camera died on me, However, I did snap a picture of what I think my best hen and roo are.
Still waiting on my first egg from them
caf.gif

15667_chickens_001.jpg

15667_chickens_002.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
The hen has good lacing and the rooster looks like he's well colored with just the right amount of red. His head/comb looks nice too with a short powerful beak. I have trouble with my cockerels having too few points...like four or even 3.
he.gif

Trisha

Quote:
Oh, quit drooling
lol.png
I'm working as fast as I can! I have four 2nd gen pullets and tons of blue cockerels to choose from (four are crowing now by the way, I'm sure my neighbors hate me). I should have the 3rd gen by fall and the fourth by spring:) I'm sure by Spring 2012 I be offering some project eggs if everything goes well. I very happy that two of the F1 blue hens I kept have gone broody and have proven to be good mommas.
Trisha

Back
Top Bottom