Barnevelder is not laying!

View attachment 1585636 View attachment 1585637 I’m wondering if maybe my Barnevelder is not really as old as I was told she was. My BO is supposedly the same age (10 months) but they look nothing alike. The Barnevelder has no wattles or comb like the BO. Any thoughts?
They don't get their bigger combs and wattles until they are getting ready to lay. Generally about a month or two before that first egg. It's hard to guess exact age by looking at a birthday, but yours I would estimate between 6-12 months.

As I mentioned, they are both 10 months old. So apparently some birds mature faster then others?

hi my Barnevelder is about 20 months old. When I got her about 6-8 weeks ago . she was infested with lice and i treated her successfully. she has not laid an egg since we got her. is this a breed thing or a lice recovery thing? Age?

Last edited:
hi my Barnevelder is about 20 months old. When I got her about 6-8 months ago . she was infested with lice and i treated her successfully. she has not laid an egg since we got her. is this a breed thing or a lice recovery thing? Age?
If she's older she may not lay very often.

Back
Top Bottom