Barred rock chicks

Blue band is definitely a male, it’s double barred. And those legs do look quite pink. Where did you get them from? If a hatchery or feed store, they do make mistakes. If a breeder or something then idk.

Blue band is definitely a male, it’s double barred. And those legs do look quite pink. Where did you get them from? If a hatchery or feed store, they do make mistakes. If a breeder or something then idk.
Got them from a local breeder, well reputed, knows her birds. I’ll take more pictures.

Their legs definitely do look pink though… here are better photos of Pink, Orange and Green. I’m confident enough that Blue is a boy I think. IMG_0086.jpeg IMG_0088.jpeg IMG_0081.jpeg

Green looks boy too possibly. Update at 8 weeks. And the breeder doesn’t happen to have both Marans and Rocks do they?
I contacted her. She says they’re definitely barred rocks. She had a few birds that fell short of the SOP, mostly on leg colour, that she rehomed recently, but these may be their offspring. I’m not too worried about SOP, and these weren’t advertised as show quality birds, so I’m fine with that.

I contacted her. She says they’re definitely barred rocks. She had a few birds that fell short of the SOP, mostly on leg colour, that she rehomed recently, but these may be their offspring. I’m not too worried about SOP, and these weren’t advertised as show quality birds, so I’m fine with that.
Ohhhh okay. That’s cool!

Back
Top Bottom