Barred Rock gender

Hi, very pretty birds. I'm still a bit confused about the differences between BR and Doms, do you mind telling me what you're seeing that says Doms to you? The birds in your pics all seem to have single combs, a BR characteristic. Unless I'm missing something?
Dominiques have rose combs.

These are their doms.

92E8F4A8-F281-4760-BA20-A8BAE85BC965.png

Hi, very pretty birds. I'm still a bit confused about the differences between BR and Doms, do you mind telling me what you're seeing that says Doms to you? The birds in your pics all seem to have single combs, a BR characteristic. Unless I'm missing something?
The barring all pretty much looks the same to me. The comb is completely different on 7 of them and they are smaller in size.
This is a closer picture of the comb when they were younger.
Screenshot_20210809-231921.png

Are they different in temperament or in any other significant ways? Broodiness? Meatiness? Sociability? I'm trying to decide which breed I want. I like the look.

Are they different in temperament or in any other significant ways? Broodiness? Meatiness? Sociability? I'm trying to decide which breed I want. I like the look.
Just from reading, it sounds like they are a little more broody. They are a smaller chicken. Temperament sounds good with both to me. The few we have are the first ones that come up to me. But so far I'm having a good first experience with chickens, except trying to get these tail feathers to grow back. Lol

Just from reading, it sounds like they are a little more broody. They are a smaller chicken. Temperament sounds good with both to me. The few we have are the first ones that come up to me. But so far I'm having a good first experience with chickens, except trying to get these tail feathers to grow back. Lol
Thanks, that's helpful. Jst curious, what are you doing to try to get the tail feathers to grow out? Thought you just had to wait until next molt?

I think Barred Rocks May slightly larger eggs & slightly more eggs than Dominiques...but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong! Both are pretty friendly breeds.

Back
Top Bottom