barred rock rooster crossed with either red sussex, red rock cross. browns

gipsy

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 11, 2012
have a rooster to cross but am low on red's any ideas for crosses and what I would get, have buff orpingtons, buff brahma, red rock cross, red sussex, browns.

Are you talking color-wise? Your barred rock roo will throw all barred chicks, to some degree or another.
Rock offspring are usually good layers and make decent table birds.

I don't have the red's to cross with the barred and want to see if i can get a sex link match up so I can seperate the boys from the girls.

Last edited:
have a rooster to cross but am low on red's any ideas for crosses and what I would get, have buff orpingtons, buff brahma, red rock cross, red sussex, browns.
You need a barred female to produce black sex linked chicks. A barred male will normally produce all barred offspring.The red sussex over a barred rock female will produce what you want.

Tim

you have the making of an Autosexing breed project.. are you interested? let me know
I am! :D

Tell me what I have to do. I have plenty of barred rocks, and I have RIRs, Red Sex Link, Delaware, Buff Cochin, Partridge Cochin, Silkies, Naked Necks (red and black), Easter Eggers, among others. Can I do it with any of those?

Back
Top Bottom