Barred Rock rooster x on 2 Production Brown hens, 1 smaller Easter Egger & 2 RIR hens

Connie Wallace

Hatching
Feb 26, 2020
I have a lovely Barred Rock Rooster. We hatched 5 eggs in the incubator. One egg was blue from my small Easter Egger, two dark brown from the RIR, and two lighter brown from my ISA Brown hens. Since we were gone when they hatched, I have no clue who hatched out of which colored egg. Wish I did. The babies are two white with black spots and solid white wings, one pale yellow with barred wings, one reddish brown with barred wings, and one black with silver underneath. Any chance these could be sexed by color as chicks or must I wait til they grow up and see who is a rooster? Since they are hybrid hens crossed with a Barred Rock Rooster I did not know if any of the sex link characteristics might be passed. They are about 5 days old in this picture today.

. IMG_4438.jpg
IMG_4438.jpg
IMG_4438.jpg

I have a lovely Barred Rock Rooster. We hatched 5 eggs in the incubator. One egg was blue from my small Easter Egger, two dark brown from the RIR, and two lighter brown from my ISA Brown hens. Since we were gone when they hatched, I have no clue who hatched out of which colored egg. Wish I did. The babies are two white with black spots and solid white wings, one pale yellow with barred wings, one reddish brown with barred wings, and one black with silver underneath. Any chance these could be sexed by color as chicks or must I wait til they grow up and see who is a rooster? Since they are hybrid hens crossed with a Barred Rock Rooster I did not know if any of the sex link characteristics might be passed. They are about 5 days old in this picture today.

. View attachment 2036650View attachment 2036650View attachment 2036650
:jumpy:welcome:jumpy

Post plenty of updates! I can never get enough of mixes! :pop
(My favorite is the orange one :love )

The orange baby on top ended up being a red hen, the black a solid crow black hen, two of the white were white hens with black blotches, one white with black and barred wings is probably a rooster. They are beautiful chicks now at 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom