Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
Looks like my barred rock pullet when she was little
Hi Poppy, it looks like a barred rock pullet. Cockerels have lighter barring. Australorps are known for their solid black plumage that reflects iridescently in the sunlight. Sorry it seems you didn't get what you asked for. However, the plus is that They have the same type of personality characteristics and are both awesome to have in your flock.

Hi Poppy, it looks like a barred rock pullet. Cockerels have lighter barring. Australorps are known for their solid black plumage that reflects iridescently in the sunlight. Sorry it seems you didn't get what you asked for. However, the plus is that They have the same type of personality characteristics and are both awesome to have in your flock.
I was actually responding to Tika75. She got a BR instead of Austrolorp but both breeds are awesome! I have a BR pullet that will be laying in about a month. My Austrolorp/black star mix is either laying or about to. I can't figure out if my egg Sunday came from my mix pullet or my BO

@luvmychickenz - Yep that was for me.
smile.png
I appreciate everyone helping with my baby.

Please tell me i didnt get another cockerel out of the pullet bin. I see curving tail feathers and this one is lighter than my little bantam barred rock. Opinions? 12 weeks old

barnie.gif
Looks to me like you may be picking out "masculine names" pretty soon!
hugs.gif
I have been there and done that too...first year the Pullet Bin blessed me with 12 cockerels out of 18 PULLETS...I was not pleased!!! But I lived to tell the story. However...we COULD be wrong about this guy...
tongue.png

Please tell me i didnt get another cockerel out of the pullet bin. I see curving tail feathers and this one is lighter than my little bantam barred rock. Opinions? 12 weeks old
Mine is 15 weeks and her comb is still pale pink and small. She does have a couple curved tail feathers but everything else says pullet. Just going off the comb size and color i say you may have a handsome boy but please keep us posted

I was actually responding to Tika75. She got a BR instead of Austrolorp but both breeds are awesome! I have a BR pullet that will be laying in about a month. My Austrolorp/black star mix is either laying or about to. I can't figure out if my egg Sunday came from my mix pullet or my BO
Oops sorry Poppy that misread who posted. That's what happens when flying through messages. On the next note: It's so exciting when they first start laying. I still don't know which eggs my Barred Rocks or laying and which ones come from the Wyandottes that are with them LOL.

My BR isn't old enough yet to lay but I found out I had an EE instead of an Austrolorp/black star mix the fun way. I got a green egg the first three days then the same bird laid a taupe/olive egg yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom