Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
Our 6 months old Barred Rock rooster, Vaska. Calm, handsome, quiet, and very gentle.

He is gorgeous!
love.gif

My Barred Rock who I hoped was a pullet because of the darker bars, has been crowing for about 2 weeks now. He will be 10 weeks in 2 days. He's so curious and gentle. He greets me with crows every single time I drive into the drive way and if I've been home a few hours but he hasn't heard or seen me, and I suddenly speak, he will grow lol. Its so darn cute!

Last edited:
Here's a cute pic of my favorite little Barred Rock, Raven. She has such a fun personality, sometimes I wonder if she thinks she is a dog.

Hi Everyone. Well its time to get chickens for our son. It is a family project to get our son Aidan into something that he can help do every day. Aidan is 9 and has downs syndrome. His brothers are 12 and 15 and have decided to help set things up for him. He is high functioning and loves chickens. After much, and do I mean much research we have decided to go with the BR. We are looking for show type more than production to start with. Anyway, we will keep in touch with our progress of eggs and possibly showing in the future. If any one has any chicks or knows of a good person to by some please feel free to pm me. By the way, thanks for the great pictures and info that you have posted here, it has been a big help. ed

Back
Top Bottom