Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Well I'm weighing in. I've got 10 hens and one roo from Kathy. I sold two roos and now I'm not so happy I did. I kept the fastest maturing of the three. Trilyn had two from Jeremy and she sold hers too. One had an angel wing.

I do plan to hatch from these and hopefully they'll look as nice as these pictured.

Bob I've read your heritage postings or at least the first 20 and will try to catch up. I'm heading to the library to print out the ALBC form and then to the UPS store for copies and begin recording how my Dels are doing. My line is from 4 hens and one roo I found in WNY. I'm not sure where they originated only that they don't look anything like the three hatchery girls I started out with. The only other birds are two from Cynthia a roo and hen. The hatchery girls are gone and that means all the other hens are my own. Anyhow thanks for the information hopefully you've set me on the right path.

Take care,

Rancher

Thanks Jeremy for the lovely birds that I got from you last year. I just showed my birds from Jeremy at Fayette County Fair in LaGrange,Texas and had BV, 1st Place, 2nd place and 3rd.They do really well in record hot temps, as high as 116 last month. I don't know how to post pics so you can view my rocks at http://www.wyandottesandrocks.com.

Thanks

Quote:
They are looking good. I rarely have seen a bad bird from Jeremy. All birds from him that I received were pretty near perfect.

here is my young roo
BARREDROCK.jpg

Last edited:
I just wanted to let everyone know I got my first egg from the Barred Rocks from Jeremy! They are 26 weeks and 4 days old....Just wondered if anyone else's have started laying.

Hi I have 1 8 month old rooster and 5 baby chicks ( I purchased as eggs) They are only 3 weeks old. I was wondering if there is anyone close to Cantral Arkansas that had some young laying hens? Thank you for your consideration, Pauletta

80874_img_4984.jpg

80874_img_4991.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
My Good Shepherd pullets just turned 26 weeks. Guess I better get the nesting boxes ready!! Congrats on the eggs. Are they typical pullet eggs, or are they equal to the size of the birds?? .....stan

Thanks! Yeah it was a little bit bigger than a bantam egg. Didn't lay in the nest though, just in the corner of the building.

Here's my 26 week old cockerel out of Marvin Stukel lines, Rex. He's taken forever to begin filling out to match that big frame of his. Didn't crow or mate the girls till just a couple of weeks ago, but he's getting the hang of both now. Sorry, his wing was folded funny because he was turning to leave the coop, but otherwise, thought it was a nice stance:

DSCN3627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom