Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Quote:
I love the roo, Cynthia! You've mentioned so many times that Barred Rocks are one of your favorites. I had saved one with a broken leg from the neighbor last year, and she has a great inquisative personality, so now I have a chick too, from a hatchery. My friend has the other two and the rest of the chicks-I just got chicked out. I would love some quality ones, however with the Marek's carriers in my flock, I would have to keep the roos and not give them away, and hurt someone else's flock. . So it's hatchery from now on unless I need a roo.

Anyway, that's a lovely roo!

Thanks, Karen. Since this is the Good Shepard thread, I won't post anymore pics, but at the time I first posted I was choosing between a GS cockerel and Rex since I couldn't keep two then. I did choose Rex so decided to post his picture here, but if I had more pullets, I'd have kept them both. Rex has another trait that is important to me besides good looks and that is a calm temperament. I don't keep human-aggressive roosters. If he becomes such, he won't stay, either, but so far, he's a peach of a guy.

Quote:
Cynthia,
If I was a rooster, I'd be turning to follow that Gloria Jean too!! Are your pullets from Stukel also, or are they from GS line? You would not have been dissapointed with the personality of the GS line either. I have 9 or 10 roosters/ cockerels running around here, and everybody gets along fine, with people, and with each other. ........stan

Well, I wish I had pictures to show, but my Good Shepherd Barred Rocks are molting and look a fright. We did butcher several cockerels, and they sure dressed out nice. I need to get some updated photos of my pullets. A few of them have just begun to lay.
clap.gif

Quote:
Did these come direct from Stukel. From what I hear he hasn't let many of these out. He is a very nice cockerel

I was given a Good shepherd Barred Rock Pullet to start my flock. At the time, I did not know what I had. After reading some of this thread, I will cherish her even more.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom