Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

I got home doing chores this afternoon and heard my 25-26 week old cockerel finally crow, and it wasn't a bad one either! Of corse he wouldn't do it for the camera. Lester is putting on new feathers in hopes of joining the main herd this spring. ....stan

72957_img_1856.jpg

Quote:
Aren't they georgious!! I really think a bunch of these pullets make a terrific looking flock. See you are about to get an egg from the girl in the upper right?? How old is this bunch? Mine are about 25 - 26 weeks, and I have to look really hard and use my imagination to see red in the face.
roll.png
Can I ask you a couple of questions ? What is the deal with those black feathers?? Do they all have them? I have some, but don't think they all do. I have some in older hens too, so I don't expect them to moult out. How heavy is the molt? Yours don't look bad at all. Mine don't seem to be going all out, but there are a few feathers blowing around. Enough to call it a moult. I kind of hoped they would skip that until next year. I want more eggs!!! . ......stan

Back
Top Bottom