Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

1588 Genesis Hova-Bator

1588%202012.jpg

Switch images 1 2 3

The GENESIS Hova-Bator is TUV LISTED. This certification along with the safety afforded by its 12 Volt system makes it perfect for use in classroom and laboratory settings. It is pre-set for bird eggs. Simply plug it in, then add water for humidity and eggs. While the thermostat set temperature can easily be fine tuned, most users won’t find it necessary. The LCD will display set temp, actual temp and humidity percentage in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. The pre-set microprocessor based thermostat digitally regulates itself. The digital technology in this thermostat means the command setting is never affected by changes in humidity, temperature or dust. Built in sensors prevent the “burn up” of eggs. Like all incubators, the GENESIS requires a stable room temperature and should not be used in areas like sheds or barns. Excellent for classrooms, novices, and experts. Thermostat can be set to any temperature required for bird eggs and can also be set for all reptile eggs down to 60F. (room temperature has to be 50F for the 1588 to regulate 60F.). Includes picture window & plastic bottom liner. TURNER SOLD SEPARATELY. 1588 - 12 Volt DC power supply operates on 100 to 240 Volt AC . Only U.S. plug & cord set supplied. Input: AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 1.5A Output 3000mA 12Volt Without an automatic turner in place, the incubator will hold 50 duck or chicken eggs or 130 quail eggs. Dimensions 18 1/2” x 18 1/2” x 9 1/2” ***CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER - APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY***

Price $134.95

A lady sent me a personel message wanting to get some barred rocks and was going the route of hatching eggs. She wanted to know what would be a good incubator under $200 well as I was loging into this site I saw the ad in the upper left hand corner.

This is a great little machine and of course the large wooden incobaotor like my 1701 is as good as it gets on a larger scale. I have many friends who have these for thier hatchers and use the large 1701 sportsmans style as thier main egg machine.
So to the lady who wanted Barred Rocks get you one of these and you Will be a happy chicken lady

Last edited:
I found my Montgumery Ward redwood on Craig's list for $200. I use it as a incubator and hatcher. Only thing is you have to turn by hand, or spend another $50 to get one of the auto turners. It does work like a dream, has very stable temp control, and so far I have not had any humidity control problems. We'll see how that goes in the Fla humid summer though. ..stan

Those old red woods are great incubators and hold the humidity very well. A lot of call duck breeders like these as they get better hatches than the Press board models. I have a bantam and large fowl rock going broody so my call duck eggs are going under them. Glad you got a good old incubator..bob

1588 Genesis Hova-Bator

1588%202012.jpg

Switch images 1 2 3

The GENESIS Hova-Bator is TUV LISTED. This certification along with the safety afforded by its 12 Volt system makes it perfect for use in classroom and laboratory settings. It is pre-set for bird eggs. Simply plug it in, then add water for humidity and eggs. While the thermostat set temperature can easily be fine tuned, most users won’t find it necessary. The LCD will display set temp, actual temp and humidity percentage in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. The pre-set microprocessor based thermostat digitally regulates itself. The digital technology in this thermostat means the command setting is never affected by changes in humidity, temperature or dust. Built in sensors prevent the “burn up” of eggs. Like all incubators, the GENESIS requires a stable room temperature and should not be used in areas like sheds or barns. Excellent for classrooms, novices, and experts. Thermostat can be set to any temperature required for bird eggs and can also be set for all reptile eggs down to 60F. (room temperature has to be 50F for the 1588 to regulate 60F.). Includes picture window & plastic bottom liner. TURNER SOLD SEPARATELY. 1588 - 12 Volt DC power supply operates on 100 to 240 Volt AC . Only U.S. plug & cord set supplied. Input: AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 1.5A Output 3000mA 12Volt Without an automatic turner in place, the incubator will hold 50 duck or chicken eggs or 130 quail eggs. Dimensions 18 1/2” x 18 1/2” x 9 1/2” ***CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER - APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY***

Price $134.95

A lady sent me a personel message wanting to get some barred rocks and was going the route of hatching eggs. She wanted to know what would be a good incubator under $200 well as I was loging into this site I saw the ad in the upper left hand corner.

This is a great little machine and of course the large wooden incobaotor like my 1701 is as good as it gets on a larger scale. I have many friends who have these for thier hatchers and use the large 1701 sportsmans style as thier main egg machine.
So to the lady who wanted Barred Rocks get you one of these and you Will be a happy chicken lady
I have two of these running and they have not been turned off since Thanksgiving. One as and incubator and one I use for a hatcher. I have not done a thing to either one other than add water to it and clean the hatcher after each hatch.

Chris

Hi again, I use an R-COM20 Auto incubator which is faultless.
A couple of pictures of my new dark Barred male which I have borrowed for this seasons breeding. He is a lot shorter than your USA SOP, however he is very tall with some attributes needed for the two girls I have penned with him. He will bring height, good barring, beetle sheen and it's the start of breeding back to the strain. Really excited with the two pens I am using this year one headed with a light male and one with this dark male. Will keep you updated when things start to happen,

Boy I know it, I was drooling over them over to the SDWD thread. They just look great. I'm gonna get me some pullets to go along with which-ever male out of the six I have to mate up with. SOME HOW SOME WAY, I will spend the CASH for some.
smile.png

Last edited:
I have two little roos... can't wait for them to grow up
love.gif
I may have to get me some pullets down the road. I got these for a project, but they are so pretty I may NEED some pullets too....

Back
Top Bottom