Barred Rocks!!

It's funny, they actually look like mine:
my white rock is weeks ahead of everyone else in wattle/comb development, and my BR is still small and a little behind.
wow! No kidding huh? Lol so you're thinking I have a white rock? She does have one single barred feather on her back.

wow! No kidding huh? Lol so you're thinking I have a white rock? She does have one single barred feather on her back.

Oh yes! Yellow legs and beak, probably yellow skin = white plymouth rock. My WR has a few black spots on her feathers, too, which can happen if there's any splash in the genetic pool. A white chicken may seem boring at first, but White Rocks are quite striking when their combs grow in, and if they eat good stuff so their beaks and legs get nice and bright. Enjoy her!

Oh yes!  Yellow legs and beak, probably yellow skin = white plymouth rock.  My WR has a few black spots on her feathers, too, which can happen if there's any splash in the genetic pool.  A white chicken may seem boring at first, but White Rocks are quite striking when their combs grow in, and if they eat good stuff so their beaks and legs get nice and bright.   Enjoy her!
Aww thanks! I was just outside with my gals. The white hen (which I kinda hope is a boy) is starting to warm up to me. I guess she knows I bear gifts lol. Honestly I love white chickens, especially those with nice big combs, like the classic leghorns.:)

Oh yes!  Yellow legs and beak, probably yellow skin = white plymouth rock.  My WR has a few black spots on her feathers, too, which can happen if there's any splash in the genetic pool.  A white chicken may seem boring at first, but White Rocks are quite striking when their combs grow in, and if they eat good stuff so their beaks and legs get nice and bright.   Enjoy her!

So my white rock (that's what I'm calling her at this point) finally let me pick her up. Round hackle and saddle feathers-:-( so probably not a roo

Last edited:
when was told that I was getting a Plymouth Rock possible rooster I got so excited and then I ended up with this! the jury is still out on what exactly I have there-most likely a barnyard pullet. But I had dreams of one just like brave :-(
If you were closer to me i would hook you up with a 4 week old Roo that looks almost just like Brave does.

We got our first egg today!!! I was so excited to see it. It is so tiny and perfect! Notice the golf ball? Yeah, it's smaller than that! Haha!

Back
Top Bottom