Barred Rocks!!

Moved from SC to TN. Had to sell everything off.
hit.gif
Looking for good breeder stock. If close trios would be fine. Or if I can get on somebodies waiting list for 20-25 chicks that would be fine too. I forget who it was but use to have contact info for somebody in NC who was suppose to have some of the best. Any help would be great. Thanks very much.

My roo is about 18 weeks old. He crows all hours of the day and night, typically starting around 2 or 3 AM...it's still very dark. Is this normal and when will he stop crowing so early. We haven't slept a full night since July and it's getting a bit old. Anyone have suggestions on how to help him acclimate?

My roo is about 18 weeks old. He crows all hours of the day and night, typically starting around 2 or 3 AM...it's still very dark. Is this normal and when will he stop crowing so early. We haven't slept a full night since July and it's getting a bit old. Anyone have suggestions on how to help him acclimate?

He's very handsome! How dark is your coop? Try putting up curtains to block any light from getting in, and see if that helps.

Some breeds crow more than others. And to break it down further, some roosters just like to sing. To be very very honest, you will have to just get use to it or get read of the ones that crow all the time. I don't even hear them any more. Actually, i like it. My neighbors may not so much. HAHA

When do BR typically lay? Mine is 19 weeks and I found a tiny little egg yesterday.
the egg on the right is one of my 3 RIR . Thank u!

Last edited:
Are you asking at what age or what time of day? BR will usually start laying at 17-18 weeks, they lay usually in the early morning or late afternoon.
Sorry, I was asking age. So it must be her egg. Is it the right color? She is in the middle of 11 hens my next three should lay in next month or so. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom