Barred Seramas

Quote:
So is this a picture of a serama crossed with a barred rock that you bred or just a serama that you have that somewhere along the line was crossed with a barred rock? Or is this a pure blooded serama?

Please correct me if you don't think I'm not asking this correctly. I'm just trying to understand what to look for with so many crosses and "diluted" seramas going around.

Last edited:
You would be better off cross breeding to a barred OEGB hen. The resulting cockerels should be barred. Breed the runt barred cockerel back to the OEGB barred hen. It will probably take several generations of cross breeding and line breeding to get a Serama size barred OEGB. One thing I have noticed about OEGB is there always seems to be one runt with each clutch. I gave away a Serama sized OEGB roo to a friend because of his size, just a handful but lots of personality.

Hi! He's *pure Serama* as far as I know.
He was given to me (along with several other cockerels and a couple of hens) by a gentleman named Marty in Lex, SC.
He had hundreds of Serama in every color, silkie-feathered, etc.
I wasn't really keen on Serama at the time (it's a color-thing), but he seemed really proud of them and it would have been rude to refuse gift chickens.
I decided to work with that one simply because of the barring.

edited to add:
Sure, I'd love to trade eggs.
smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom