bator break-in

Two calendars? That's neat. I wish I could multi 'concentrate'. Will have to see how my hatch goes then I am going to dive into both Almanac and Biodynamic lunar calendar.
Sounds fun.

The almanac is a bit different from biodynamics, but similar!!

Planting/egg setting time can have effect on male/female ratios, as well as vigor, growth, yield, overall health. What days not to mess with plants or harvest honey.

Well I am having troubles getting pictures up but I have reduced down from 26 eggs down to 11. but two eggs are guinea eggs but I don't think they are viable. Just keeping them for kicks .But the due date is next Thursday. Hopefully I'll get a few to hatch but I think the eggs I got were not all fertile but time will tell.

Did you candle them yet to see if they were indeed fertile eggs?

I hope you have a good hatch! It's now, past the withdrawal period after worming my chickens, so safe to hatch and eat their eggs. Idk if I want to do an olive egger feather feet, tufted & bearded chicken.

If you were close by I would offer you eggs from my fertile flock. I cracked open a week old egg last night and saw the beginnings of an embryo. Others have had the red dots. They would produce cute chickens though and hardy egg layers and give you a pretty egg basket from the girls.

Ya I candled them so I am pretty sure that the eggs I removed were just not fertile. I even opened them to check my candling ability s and I could see any embryo. But with my current coop I don't have much room for more chicken so it's probably for the best.

Hmm, that sound like it wasn't fun to try to hatch infertile eggs.
Out of the 11 eggs left, after you candle them, are there signs of life in the remaining eggs?

Ya I think there are eight that have embryos. Of the 11, two are guinea eggs I'm just keeping hem for wishful thinking. And one chicken egg for comparison while candling.

Experience is experience. It's better to learn and be able to than when you need to, having to learn these skills under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom