battling cocci and needing advice

Quote:
Kathy, I am finding myself in the same situation. Can you explain how you treat your hatchlings? 5 days of treatment the day after they hatch? When do you repeat? Until what age o you treat.

I just had another brood of chicks come down with it after everything was sterilized with steam and ammonia before the hatch. At 5 weeks old they all came down with it, luckily they all bounced back quick. The medicated feed just wasn't enough.

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Kathy, I am finding myself in the same situation. Can you explain how you treat your hatchlings? 5 days of treatment the day after they hatch? When do you repeat? Until what age o you treat.

I just had another brood of chicks come down with it after everything was sterilized with steam and ammonia before the hatch. At 5 weeks old they all came down with it, luckily they all bounced back quick. The medicated feed just wasn't enough.

Thanks for the help!

I don't generally have a problem until they are on the ground. I do the 5 day treatment beginning the day after they are on ground. If I notice any symptoms later on, I do it again. By 10 - 12 weeks, I don't seem to have a problem. However, it can happen to adults, too.

Quote:

Thanks for the help!

I don't generally have a problem until they are on the ground. I do the 5 day treatment beginning the day after they are on ground. If I notice any symptoms later on, I do it again. By 10 - 12 weeks, I don't seem to have a problem. However, it can happen to adults, too.

Thanks Kathy! I have the problem when I move everyone to the big brooders in the garage. I dont get it!

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom