Bay Area BYCers!

ooh, a Big Chickenstock? Cool! Nifty, who's planning it this year?
lol.png

Hi Steffanie,

OK, I checked out your BYC page again and nothing has changed...1005 visits? I should talk, my page has absolutely nothing so far
lau.gif

I challenge you to a BYC page update, we begin on March 1st, OK? Completed pages are due by the Ides of March.

--Hugh

Page created by:OrpingtonManor

Hmm, was going to post pics of my chick-chicks and their coop, but I am still trying to figure all this out. I guess I need to upload my pics to a photo service. I will keep at it. Check back.
Page visited: 1005

My DH and I are from the Bay Area and we miss it terribly!!! Can I just peek in and see what folks from home are up to?

Quote:
Where are you now SunnyDawn? What made you leave us?

We live in Reno and we left because my DH got a great job offer. Turns out the great job wasn't so great and we don't really fit in well here. I mean the people in Reno are very sweet but I can tell they think we are a little too different. Are we Bay Area'ns that different? I've heard comments like this from other folks that have never lived in the Bay Area. We are definitely more liberal than most folks in this area but suspect it's more than that. We have had to travel to many parts of the U.S. on business and never felt out of place before but maybe it's different when you move in!
lol.png

We would love to come back if DH can find a job that pays enough and fits his experience and education. Most of our family still lives there including 2 of our 3 grandchildren. 'Til then I'm just gonna live vicariously through you all.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Where are you now SunnyDawn? What made you leave us?

We live in Reno and we left because my DH got a great job offer. Turns out the great job wasn't so great and we don't really fit in well here. I mean the people in Reno are very sweet but I can tell they think we are a little too different. Are we Bay Area'ns that different? I've heard comments like this from other folks that have never lived in the Bay Area. We are definitely more liberal than most folks in this area but suspect it's more than that. We have had to travel to many parts of the U.S. on business and never felt out of place before but maybe it's different when you move in!
lol.png

We would love to come back if DH can find a job that pays enough and fits his experience and education. Most of our family still lives there including 2 of our 3 grandchildren. 'Til then I'm just gonna live vicariously through you all.
frow.gif

Yes, we are different. L0L.
lol.png

Quote:
It is a people party (pot-luck) where everyone comes to talk about our chickens, families, chicken coops and runs, homes and yards, etc.

Is Chickenstock a play on words?

Very fun,

Hugh

Back
Top Bottom