Bay Area BYCers!

Hi Cheryl,

I'll email you the steer info.

I've been gone it feels like all summer! We went to Italy for 3 weeks in June, got back and two weeks later left for a roadtrip. So I'm really happy being home now. I missed my chickie girls.

The ice cream was great. I used this recipe but cut down to half. Next time, I would do 1/3 because it was a bit big for my "2 quart" ice cream maker. I did modify it by using agave instead of sugar because that's better for DH.

Quote:
This story literally brought me to tears here at my desk at work. I am so very sorry for all that you have had to endure - just know, this is a safe place to share. I don't think I could take them in (althouth I will talk with my hubby, and I will definitely ask around for you. I will let you know if I find someone willing to take them in) I send to you thoughts of encouragement, comfort and peace.

Last edited:
So has anyone ever gone all the way to work, only to realize once you're there that you weren't scheduled until that afternoon?

I just did...
he.gif

Quote:
Never did that......lol I did like getting to work early though.....hahaha

Walt

Well now that I'm up I'll get to work at home or awhile, I'm sure the fat chickens need something...
roll.png

How ya doing Walt?

Quote:
lol.png
That's better than the other way around! I haven't done that but I have driven to work and realized that I still had on my chicken shoe crocs! It's a good thing that I have an adult daughter who doesn't mind rescuing me on occasion!

Quote:
lol.png
That's better than the other way around! I haven't done that but I have driven to work and realized that I still had on my chicken shoe crocs! It's a good thing that I have an adult daughter who doesn't mind rescuing me on occasion!

True, I could have been late! LOL.

I've been forbidden from buying a pair of Crocs Debi, so I can't relate there.
tongue.png

Did you find a new home for Lemon Drop?

Quote:
lol.png

True, I could have been late! LOL.

I've been forbidden from buying a pair of Crocs Debi, so I can't relate there.
tongue.png

Did you find a new home for Lemon Drop?

Crocs are great for chicken shoes because they are so easy to clean! Plus their comfy.
smile.png

We still have Lemon Drop. I call him Big Boy about half the time. He's not crowing yet so it's okay that he's here. He must just be a late bloomer. He's around 20 weeks now, not crowing, not dancing for the ladies, and definitely not sharing treats with them. I haven't seen him mount any of the hens or pullets. He leads his little group of young ladies around the yard and runs from the hens. In a perfect world, he would be a very quiet, infrequent crower and I could keep him. Kim expressed an interest in taking him as soon as she gets some new pens built. She lost several roos this past month including the Silver Am roo that I got from the Bhlem order. She doesn't have any idea why they died and hopefully she hasn't lost any more since then. I'll have to take some new pics of him. It looks like his hackle feathers may be losing some of their striping but he has some serious powder puff stuff going on in front of his tail. Plus he's either molting his long tail feathers or one of the hens plucked them for him! I'm waiting for him to turn on the older ones and put them in their place!

Back
Top Bottom