Bay Area BYCers!

The SUSSEX are coming, the SUSSEX are coming!!

Walt Reichert is sending me a flock of Show Quality Speckled Sussex on Monday. One of the girls I'm getting was

just featured in Poultry Press with her reserve grand champion win! I'll be co-breeding them with my friend Debi/Pet Rock at the new Ranch. We're so excited!

AND Happy birthday Debi...enjoy your day!

Cheryl,

Thats so cool! Is this her http://www.poultryconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?657-Lucasville-Results

No that show was back in 2009, but she was part of the breeding hens of his flock. Mine looks very similar maybe a little bit more white

Last edited:
For those of you that don't frequent the Polish threads, I thought I'd post my Tolbunt Polish flock....

Some pictures of my flock - they are almost 7 months and have just started laying...well at least 2 of them! My interest is in improving the breed and will be working with some well respected breeders to do so.

I have 2 smooth hens (when got her crest all wet before the pictures!), 1 frizzle hen and the roo.

I've also got 8 grow-outs, about 2 1/2 months...can't wait to see how they develop!

Does anyone need a BLUE laced barnevelder cockerel for a project? I've got one I'm happy to contribute this gorgeous guy he's about 3 months old now Trisha Strahan line

The SUSSEX are coming, the SUSSEX are coming!!

Walt Reichert is sending me a flock of Show Quality Speckled Sussex on Monday. One of the girls I'm getting was

just featured in Poultry Press with her reserve grand champion win! I'll be co-breeding them with my friend Debi/Pet Rock at the new Ranch. We're so excited!

AND Happy birthday Debi...enjoy your day!
How exciting!!!! I can hardly wait to see them! And thank you for the birthday wishes! We are going to Roccos Restorante Pizzeria in Walnut Creek for lunch and then to a movie!

Happy Birthday Debi and congrats to you and Cheryl on your Sussex venture! That is really exciting.

Happy Birthday, Debi ...

Read on the Langshan thread that Debi and Cheryl are getting hatching eggs for that project! Will love to have some pullets someday from your project, since Langshans are originally from China.

Cheryl,
Beautiful photos!
Are your coops all finished in Clayton?

Last edited:
Yes Debi and I are also going to work on the blue splash langshans together! Very exciting

Clayton breeding facility is almost complete, one more day of painting coops and pen signs and hopefully the auto waters will work today then we are done!!

I'm trying to think of another breed to put in there as well....

Cheryl the birds and pens look great!

DEB!!!

happy_birthday_cartoon.gif

Cheryl,

The Clayton Coops look great!! I like how you placed the metal roofing on the sides of the coops. Great design! Looks very, very secure and safe and airy.

Back
Top Bottom