Bay Area BYCers!

Anyone want a mutt duck mule?

Luke is a Muscovy/Rouenn? hybrid so is thus sterile but behaves like a drake otherwise and quacks very deeply. He had some girls but they were killed by a bobcat and a raccoon. We had a hard time finding things to do with duck eggs anyway so we're taking the opportunity to get out of duck keeping. Luke is fairly lonely - you can see him pine for the mallards flying around - so we'd like to find him a new home with other ducks.
Oh poor guy. I hope you find him a home with some new girls.

Jeremy, don't tempt me. My car goes back in the shop in the AM and it will be there a few days. Today, I'm soooo beat! I had a great time, but maybe too much. BTW I had a great White Chocolate Mocha from Peet's for my drive home and thought about you.

Anyone want a mutt duck mule?

Luke is a Muscovy/Rouenn? hybrid so is thus sterile but behaves like a drake otherwise and quacks very deeply. He had some girls but they were killed by a bobcat and a raccoon. We had a hard time finding things to do with duck eggs anyway so we're taking the opportunity to get out of duck keeping. Luke is fairly lonely - you can see him pine for the mallards flying around - so we'd like to find him a new home with other ducks.

If I took him would you be upset if we processed and ate him?

Jeremy, don't tempt me. My car goes back in the shop in the AM and it will be there a few days. Today, I'm soooo beat! I had a great time, but maybe too much. BTW I had a great White Chocolate Mocha from Peet's for my drive home and thought about you.

When will you be back Kim? I can hold her for you until then! I would much rather her go home with someone I know. She's a very pretty girl, though her tail feathers have been in better shape. Well, she's been in better shape overall, LOL, she's been hogging a nest box and the other hens are aggravated with her, so there have been some quarrels.

Well no, but I thought I might do that myself if it comes down to it. We'll see if I got the guts.

Okay, I just wanted to make my intentions clear. Some people might get upset over the idea.

I'm raising 11 Saxony ducklings right now, they're about 6 weeks old. My plan is to keep a small flock (4-6 birds) any excess males we have we're going to process and the hens that don't fit within the SOP for Saxonies will be sold as layers. I plan on selling hatching eggs and ducklings this fall, I can keep you in mind if you're interested in starting over with ducks again.

If you don't find a home for him and if you don't end up making him dinner yourself, let me know.
smile.png

That's right. I provide the bees, the gear, and I do all the work. I'm trying to place all the beehives either very near my home, or with dear friends. I don't want this to turn into a odious chore. So far, things are going well. Better than last year when someone broke into my friends locked yard and sprayed insecticide all over her hive. The carnage was unbelievable.

That's right. I provide the bees, the gear, and I do all the work. I'm trying to place all the beehives either very near my home, or with dear friends. I don't want this to turn into a odious chore. So far, things are going well. Better than last year when someone broke into my friends locked yard and sprayed insecticide all over her hive. The carnage was unbelievable.

That's horrible. I cant imagine what kind of person would destroy someone else's hives. We do the same thing with our hives. I have hives at a few friends homes/farms. We provide hives and maintenance, they gain pollination and a share of the honey. Seems to work well for us. Its allowed us to obtain more variety, educate people on the benefits of pollination, and even make new friendships. We do bring the hives home for winter, that way is easier to track the weight/health and feed them as necessary.
On a side note, one of my chickens favorite treats is drone brood :) They are so spoiled.

I have some (about 8) beautiful "pet" quality BLRW chicks. Week old to one month old. I was testing out a new rooster and he threw straight combs so I can't keep these chicks for breeding. Their color will be great through. Contact for price. Located in Vacaville, CA.

The SUSSEX are coming, the SUSSEX are coming!!

Walt Reichert is sending me a flock of Show Quality Speckled Sussex on Monday. One of the girls I'm getting was

just featured in Poultry Press with her reserve grand champion win! I'll be co-breeding them with my friend Debi/Pet Rock at the new Ranch. We're so excited!

AND Happy birthday Debi...enjoy your day!

Back
Top Bottom