Bay Area BYCers!

Ditto, I would love to learn as well, but Easter Sunday would not work.
If you can not make it to the class, I can teach you, Carolyn. It is a fun, easy, and relatively old technique. Brienna made several paintings, on small format. No, not on eggs; I used to save my small leftover aquarelle blocks for her. She always took her creations home; but, I kept some, and still do have stored away with, Nicole's. I should give them to you. She was quite creative with her tiny little hands : )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
i'm off of Lichau, on Eagle Ridge, up fairly close to Fairfield Osborn Preserve. hello neighbor!!
laura
How nice that you live at E.R. I have a friend who lives up there. One of our favorite place to take our visitors is the, Gravity Hill, which ends up being a mystery to them. It was a favorite spot for the teenagers as well which lasted until one particular horrific, fatal car accident. After that very sad night, it became a place where the sheriff's dept. kept a close eye on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I am not getting notices from any of my subscribed threads and haven't gotten any since the big change several months ago. I've tried every suggestion and finally just gave up. I just go to my subscription page to see if there are any new posts.
Hello PetRock,
I gave up as well trying to change the status of the notifications. Often, it causes for me to not check the thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
My wife Suzanne shows Corgi's and is in the Mensona Club. The APA is not quite like the AKC, but if you show a bird in the USA or Canada, it will be judged by the ABA/APA Standards. The Brits don't use our Standard and we don't use theirs. The Orp Standard for both countries is very close with the Brits allowing for a bit more fluff...but not as much as you see here though and a smaller head. The rest of the description is almost the same. I am an APA/ABA judge and pretty heavy into the shows and the breeding required to do well....so PM questions if you have any. The Orp in my profile pic is pretty much what they should look like, although the color is not as bright as it is a very old faded picture.

Any different kind of chicken is popular here on BYC.....if you show an Orp that looks like a Cochin, but has clean feet, it is not going to do well in most shows.. The British birds are nice looking birds, so if you want eye candy go with the Brit stuff.

Walt
Hello Walt,

I love Mensona shows, always best organized shows. During the good economic times, our club special used to be held there. Ohhh, I have so many nice memories.
Yes! I shall PM., thank you very much!

Lual

SPRING FLING .... this is coordinated by Dr. Jessica Baldwin, the chicken vet at Analy Vet Hospital in Sebastopol; more info will be coming ..

When: April 27th
Where: Shone Farm of the SRJC
How much: FREE

Time: 10AM - 2pm (ish)
That sounds like an event I'd like to attend. CAHFS is a great source of info and testing. I've sought their assistance in the past and get their email newsletter.

Oh so I wish I could attend!! I am a newbie and would love the opportunity to meet the local chicken enthusiasts, unfortunately I have a horse show at the So. Co. Fairgrounds that day. None the less I am really looking forward to following this forum. Susan

I called Pollinate Farm and Garden in Oakland this morning about their Scratch and Peck feed. Yes, they have S&P, but layer only, 25 and 40 pound bags. They also have Modesto Mills Feed and Star Mills Feed.

So far, they do not have chicks for sale, although she said about 6 people have asked her.

They just opened yesterday, Wednesday, March 20.
The store is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
frow.gif

I called Pollinate Farm and Garden in Oakland this morning about their Scratch and Peck feed. Yes, they have S&P, but layer only, 25 and 40 pound bags. They also have Modesto Mills Feed and Star Mills Feed.

So far, they do not have chicks for sale, although she said about 6 people have asked her.

The store is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
frow.gif

Did you check, Frizelle Enos? They are in Penngrove, and Sebastopol. I buy my organic, no soy & gmo feeds from them.

I called Pollinate Farm and Garden in Oakland this morning about their Scratch and Peck feed.  Yes, they have S&P, but layer only, 25 and 40 pound bags.  They also have Modesto Mills Feed and Star Mills Feed.

Yes, she posted on the local yahoo chicken chat to see if anyone would want to start hatching for her new store. How nice to have a farm store in Oakland!
The store is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays   :frow

Just wanted to share...
There's a new Feed store in Santa Cruz! They have some very sweet chicks right now. Golden Laced Wyandottes, Dominiques, Delawares, Brown Leghorns, Light Bramhas, Barred Rocks and White Rocks, RIR, Australorps, and one teeny tiny little banty chick. I LOVE their set up. Go check 'em out! :) https://www.facebook.com/WestsideFarmAndFeed?ref=stream

(831) 331-4160

Cheers! And Happy Spring too!!

Does anyone in the immediate Berkeley/Oakland/SF area have any young hens for sale: presently laying or will be soon? Since i lost a hen recently I need replacements. Would like 2 if anyone can help. Message me is you can.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom