Bay Area BYCers!

Oleanders are poisonous but will the chickens eat it? I had some at the last place and they did not seem to mind it much but that may of just been my chickens

mine ignore it, there are several big shrubs on my property & they happily peck around underneath but must avoid eating it, as they're all fine...

There are three very mature oleanders on my property and haven't suffered any loss from the flock snacking on 'em. (Not saying they do -I don't think they nibble on those plants at all.) They are not at all interested in the large leaves which fall.. I've seen one of my geese pick up an oleander leaf and drop it right away.

WOW! I haven't come on here to read since the first part of November! Had to catch up.

My multi quotes are't working so let's see if I remember.

First

Cheryl, I didn't realize you were giving up the birds at the ranch too! I'm about to cry. I was hoping to get Lav Marans from you this spring and I still hope you go to the shows. I'm really sad that you don't feel well enough to keep on. I think about that myself, but I haven't gotten to that oint and hope I don't have to, but I'm so upset that this is going to happen. I'm just really sad, but I understand you have to think about what you can do and what you can handle. It's just that I'm selfish and I wish things were different. If you still have incubators around next month, pm me a price and I'll see if I have anything left to pay for one. Man that just sounds so bad, like I'm swin=mming circles around you to strike, but you are selling them and I am interested.

Processing.

There is a place in Manteca that processes at $2,50. Jules was going to start doing classes, but don't know what she's up to these days. Someone else had mentioned too....hmmmmm. Maybe ask on the California thread, cause we have a lot of people from all over and some from other areas seem to know what's going on closer to us than we do.

Parkas!

I wish I owned one! I've lived in Oklahoma when I was really little, Littleton Colorado when were were waiting to move to California for Oklahoma, Washington a few times, but short amounts of times, but the coldest I've been was Michigan when I was 12. OMG! I couldn't wait to get back here and out of the cold. I sent the next 20 years in shorts, tank tops, halters and sandels in the winter. I was never cold. Then it hit! I'm old and I'm cold. I moved from the Bay Area after being there most of my life since age 5, so I could be warm. I'm freezing!!!!! If I could afford to be someplace where it stays about 80, I'd be good. Funny thing is I grew up wanting to live in Alaska! Yeah, that wouldn't have worked. LOL

OK, I've posted on other threads, but I had to do it on here too. On Dec 16th I became a great grandmother!

Elias

I was always great, but now it's official!!!

Hi there,

I live in San Jose and just got a coop - no chickens yet, lol, working on that - and saw there's a Bay Area group thread. Mind if I join in?

Kerri

Hi there,

I live in San Jose and just got a coop - no chickens yet, lol, working on that - and saw there's a Bay Area group thread. Mind if I join in?

Kerri

Congratulations and welcome! Check out the Northern California thread, you will find plenty of folks with the most amazing chickens to fill your coop!

Back
Top Bottom