Bay Area BYCers!

Attached are the silkie chicks I have available. At this time I have at least 4 or 5. Must take at least 3. They are all rought the color that you see in this pic.

I also still have the phoenix pair available.

A lot of the male silkies are still available too. I have off colored buffs, off colored paints, and blacks. A few of my blacks I would say when they get older may be breeder quality.

If you are interested in any of these birds please PM me. I'd like to find homes for them ASAP. At this time only males are available w/ the exception of the Phoenix pair. I am in the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area.

Try posting on your local craigslist and see if you get any bites. The closest formal one I know of is in Sacramento and has a 50 dollar minimum.

Hi there from the intersection of Oakland/Berkeley/Emeryville! I live south of the Ashby BART and if you guys have that chicken sitting thing going on, I'd love to join in. My DH got me our first chicks for my birthday (thank you Deann/Juststruttin for this lovely crew!), and they are nearly 7 weeks old now. I LOVE THEM. Meet the gang:

Kikwi (Cream Legbar):

Inigo (Marraduna Basque):

Hodor (English Blue Orpington):

Gunter (Swedish Flower Hen):

Amelia (Welsummer -- so hard to get a picture, she's always on my feet!)

Also, will anyone else be attending the "Home Butchering: Fowl" course through the Institute of Urban Homesteading tomorrow (it's in Berkeley)? This is the class: http://iuhoakland.com/animals.html#butchering If so, look for the half-asian girl with boy-short hair and say hi!

~Ginger

Seriously any berkeley / oakland / Emeryville folks here???

I am literally right at the intersection of the three cities about 5 min away from Berkeley Bowl. Lots of chicken owners around here. PM me if you want to set up the occasional chicken sitting!

I am! Just south of the ashby bart. I'd be happy to join the chicken-sitting ring.
smile.png

Hi there from the intersection of Oakland/Berkeley/Emeryville! I live south of the Ashby BART and if you guys have that chicken sitting thing going on, I'd love to join in. My DH got me our first chicks for my birthday (thank you Deann/Juststruttin for this lovely crew!), and they are nearly 7 weeks old now. I LOVE THEM. Meet the gang:

Kikwi (Cream Legbar):

Also, will anyone else be attending the "Home Butchering: Fowl" course through the Institute of Urban Homesteading tomorrow (it's in Berkeley)? This is the class: http://iuhoakland.com/animals.html#butchering If so, look for the half-asian girl with boy-short hair and say hi!

~Ginger
I think because Summer is coming to a close and school will be starting soon (already has out where I am), that everyone is just taking advantage of the weather and getting things ready for Fall. Lotso fwork between seasons out here.

Love your little crew. I have the same problem with my Wellies. Can't get a pic, because they are either underfoot or behind things. LOL

Kikwi (Cream Legbar):

~Ginger
Hi Ginger,

They look great!!!! Nice set-up.

3&8 wk. old Ko Shamo

10 wk. old Bantam Leghorn

Best of Friends: 10 wk. old Ko Shamo & Bantam Leghorn. One of their favorite place to perch on is the fruit basket which they developed quite a fondness.

9 wk. old Ko Shamo: Rosebud
I am quite taken by the intelligence, and sweetness of these magnificent little birds.
Walt Leonard-Fowlman01- birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom