Bay Area BYCers!

“Just” 95 here but it’s the first real heat this year and no one is used to it…
I noticed that all my young ones (13 weeks and 11 months) were panting at about 92 today, while all my old ones (3 and 6 yrs old) were fine. I guess they do get adapted to it over the years.
Yes, our 8 week old girls are panting but enjoying the watermelon 🍉

Yes, our 8 week old girls are panting but enjoying the watermelon 🍉
Lucky duckies! With the usual temps here, nothing special happens up to 92, when I start the misters. Extra cool treats (watermelon, frozen peas or blueberries in water) and large ice cube in waterer only happen from 96 and up, 102+ earns them electrolytes… Then 110+ the big guns come out, large pans with pavers and ice cubes… :)

How are your chickens doing this lovely June? The weather has been so odd. Hot then cool then warm then hot. We are over in Antioch. My girls were so hot last week Thursday & Friday from the 100 degree temps but we kept them hydrated & cool the best we could.

Heya Bay Area friends!
I might have 2 Roos for rehoming soon(I live in south bay near san jose). I'm hoping everyone is wrong and my Tater and Tots are just really buff hens and giving them a few more weeks to crow before trying to find them new homes. But I figured I'd send out feelers in case anyone was able to take them in. They super sweet and cuddly. I love them so much, it's really a shame I cant keep them.

Looking to rehome a Dominique Roo. I'm in the East Bay in Nor Cal. I picked up 2 new chicks to add to our flock 2 months ago and they've been integrating well but it turns out that our Dominique is a cockerel instead of a pullet. He started crowing this week. He's a good little guy so far. Friendly, assertive, but not dominating. He's about 2 months old. We aren't allowed to have any roosters so I'm hoping someone local will see this and take him or maybe put me in touch with a rooster rescue person who can help. I'm willing to drive up to 50 miles to rehome him. View attachment 3175025View attachment 3175027View attachment 3175028

Back
Top Bottom