Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
so good of you to rescue them from the PO!!

are they bantams?

I think Terry (Mendogurl) said some of them are Black Copper Marans. I don't know what the others are. They sure are cute though.

Quote:
so good of you to rescue them from the PO!!

are they bantams?

I think Terry (Mendogurl) said some of them are Black Copper Marans. I don't know what the others are. They sure are cute though.

well, at that age I think they double in size hourly.
lol.png

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!

They're alive !! And eating! I have blue nail polish on my toes !!

LOL

Awesome, awesome...

ouch. Good luck Jeremy, sounds like you will be an excellent nurse!

As for the previous Bay Area emergency, I just wanted to let everyone know that the transfer from the wonderful Renee to my self was successfully completed
and the 6 babies are chirping and eating!

YAY !!!!

aaaaggggh. Our saga continues.

We were supposed to drive them home yesterday. Bought a converter for the car so we could hang a heat lamp for warmth.
Three converters later, both cigarette lighters were shorted out.

Spent yesterday afternoon trying to find some sort of battery operated heater. Nothing.

This is where things stand.
I have 8 foot warmers (the kind you wear inside your shoes in the snow) under a layer of paper towels in the small pet carrier
we are transporting the babies in. (toy poodle/cat size). The warmers are supposed to get up to 102 degrees. But the inside of the
carrier is registering at 70 degrees, and the babies are huddling at that end of the carrier. Put a towel over the end to see if that will
keep in some of the heat.

We also bought a propane camping heater (Coleman). I am nervous about using it in the car.

Help!!! Any ideas ??????

Terry

Posting this in a couple of threads on the board.

Quote:
I like those warmers. Good idea! They would probably work better stuffed in an old sock. And, maybe put the sock under a feather duster. Mine liked the feather duster in their brooder. They would huddle in it like it was their mother hen. I think as long as there is a heat source that they can be near, you will be okay for the drive. It isn't like you plan to rely on it for weeks. Covering the carrier will help, too. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom