Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
EEs are lovely and I love mine but there is no guarantee that EEs will lay green eggs. They can lay almost any color egg. Course if she is gifting them anyway it doesn't really matter.
Sorry to butt in but it's hard for a teacher (even an ex-teacher) to hush up about, well, pretty much anything.
hide.gif

Welcome Truevalentine!
frow.gif
Ok 2 Annas, now 2 Kims. Now the Annas don't have to feel so unique.
thumbsup.gif

Well, it'll be pretty easy to tell which birds will and which won't lay a green egg. Those with a pea comb should, as the pea comb gene and the blue egg gene are (theorized to be) closely linked together. If any chicks are born with a straight comb, they are more likely to lay a brown egg.

Quote:
As tempting and fun as that sounds...I'm no luck on machines my husband has great luck so does my mom....as for my Lav orps....you sneak I would sell you some and end up giving you all girls with my hot luck....but I'm gonna get some more eggs but they're so cute I know I gotta go take pics I will soon.

No, see you just gotta let them come live with me for awhile, then with my weird luck they will all magically become pullets. After that you can have them back.
tongue2.gif

You should come gambling! I have never been before, I just turned 21 last year, hopefully there will be some beginners luck in me!
wink.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Quote:
Let me see if I can get pics. The roo (if in fact it is a roo- it's starting to get darker redish feathers ) is standard perfect colors on greenfire site, the pullet is a lighter shade however she is getting darker and greenfire says she will molt out and get darker. HUGE BIRDS

I want to try some Orpington crosses this fall, after I've hatched all the pure Orps for folks, or that I need for my own flock. I've already got a couple ideas in mind.

-Splash Orp roo X Heritage/Dark RIR hen
-Splash Orp roo X Silver Ameraucana hen
-Splash Orp roo X WCB Polish OR Tolbunt Polish

Maybe I should try a Buff Sussex, too...

Quote:
Cheryl is the Coronation a pullent or roo?

Norm in N.CA
caf.gif

P.S. of the little indian rivers lost 2 (not sure why) but the other are thriving. One is a little roo for sure! Should have got a couple of more... oh well

I am having a good hatch from shipped eggs this year... 14 out of 15 for some Dark Cornish and 6 out of 7 for some excellent Rhode Island Reds. my incubators have about a week or two off and then it's time to load them up. Really looking for some SQ White Ameraucana. I know i have ameraucana's coming in the order in march butttttttt, i just need something to incubate NOW.....
big_smile.png
. for the last 2 years i have been using the dry hatch method in my incubatorts and my hatch percentage has gone to the 97-100% bracket consistently. I run low humidity (25-30%) until day 19 then i raise it to 40-50%.

Just interested if anyone else is using this and if they are having as much success. Oh my incubators are a Brinsea ECO 20 and Brinsea Mini Advance. I had another styro brand giant something and just got tired of chasing temp on that thing. the only bad hatch i had was when my DD set some eggs for me and failed to let them rest for a couple of days.. oh well.

Norm in N.CA
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom