Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
That's a nice-looking show! Do you, by chance, know where I can find an entry form online?
hmm.png
Or does anybody?

Last edited:
Quote:
If I don't have an entry form, nothing
lol.png
But there's an exhibit for pet chickens and I recently bought a Cochin that I'm thinking about showing. Her cushion's not fully maturely fluffy, so it's not like she'd win first prize, but she has no disqualifications and I think it'd be fun
big_smile.png

I googled poultry angels camp 2011 and got a few PDF documents including an entry. This is a 4H show, I think, but not sure, its for kids. They have waterfowl and hatchery chicken divisions.
Also sales.....
barnie.gif

Seems like there ought to be a more up to date list somewhere although there is one in Roseburg Oregon that hasn't passed and does have a date listed. Nothing close to the Bay Area has a date listed though.
hmm.png
I'm starting to understand your frustration now.
Kim you always seem to know where all the California shows are. Any links for us?

Quote:
My BCM pullet, that is now 12 weeks old and broody raised, warmed up to me after I spent a week holding her and giving her treats. Don't dispair! It's sort of funny that they are skittish, when they see mamahen coming right up to me, taking treats, being held..??? Silly birds!

Nostrils looking more normal on the little lav, and no sign of crossbeak. Chicken weirdness!

I drove to the East Bay this afternoon to pick up the eggs I won from Jeremy's auction. Cody, his Corgi, is adorable! I wish I could have spent a bit of time visiting, but then again, maybe Jeremy wasn't prepared for more than an egg pick-up.
tongue.png
We had met at Cheryl Cohen's for the BYC Get-Together last October. Only got lost getting to his house for a little while...

So now I have some wonderful Wheaten Ameraucana eggs! Wahooo!

Thanks for driving out today Linda, I do hope you're happy with your eggs!

Toby loves new people, first he barks up a storm at the door, but he will be your best friend when you come inside.
smile.png

I hope you didn't get too turned around on your way home! Be sure to let me know how your hatch goes, have you put the eggs in the bator yet?

Some pictures I took outside today, it was so warm and gorgeous! The birds were enjoying the dry earth and dustbathing like crazy.
lol.png

My Wheaten Marans pullet, Frenchie.

IMG_4334.jpg

One of my Lovilies.

IMG_4336-1.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

Alice.
tongue.png

IMG_4346-1.jpg

Goodnight everyone!

Last edited: