Bay Area BYCers!

This show is free to enter and it is in Santa Rosa.

Walt

The Heirloom Expo is expected to be the largest event of its kind ever held in North America, and we're looking to make an annual event of it! It covers all aspects of pure-foods, organic and heirloom crop production, cooking, and just about anything relevant to a natural lifestyle that you can think of, including a strong emphasis on heritage livestock breeds.

All categories of heritage livestock breeds will be exhibited, and we still have lots of room! There will be numerous cash prizes, gift certificates, ribbons and trophies.

To showcase the incredible diversity of heritage poultry breeds, there will be a Poultry Show. The show will be judged by accredited American Poultry Association judge Walt Leonard. The prize for "Best of Show" will be a hefty $500.00, with an additional prize of $200.00 going to Reserve Best of Show, and other prizes to the best exhibit in various categories.

The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy is one of the event's sponsors, and we are indebted to that organization for their support and assistance, without which the event just wouldn't have been possible.

The Heirloom Exposition is being held on September 13, 14, and 15 , 2011, at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa, California. For more information, seed our website, http://theheirloomexpo.com/, or email us at [email protected].

Walt, is there going to be any kind of health inspections for the showing of poultry? I'm concerned of course if I bring my buff-laced brahmas, silver pencil rocks or mille fleur leghorns

Also Walt, is there a sale barn or anything like that?

Last edited:
Hellllooooooooooo from Hayward!

Just got a light Brahma and 2 "RIR" from the feed store last week I think
smile.png

All is well, but these chickies keep pooping in their water!
barnie.gif

Hmmm, I will definately check out the Show.... And hopefully have a pumpkin to enter into the Giant pumpkin contest, but we will have to wait and see, I wouldn't normally pick them that early, they probably won't be giant yet....

Quote:
And they will cotinue pooping in their water until they die, LOL!
sickbyc.gif

OH NO!
hit.gif

LOL, no worries, there are tricks to get around it..... Hanging waterers, or the nipple system... I think I will be hooking up a nipple system....

Quote:
OH NO!
hit.gif

LOL, no worries, there are tricks to get around it..... Hanging waterers, or the nipple system... I think I will be hooking up a nipple system....

Whew... Any links on an inexpensive nipple system?

Back
Top Bottom