Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I saw an "attack chicken" sign come up on Ebay when I was doing my rooster decal search.I don't have attack chickens though or they would quickly be history.................. I hate for anyone to be scared. Especially my grand children. Coy, Olivia's little brother, is just 2 & he LOVES the chickens. I also tried to find nice glass rooster beads since I wasn't lucky enough to win either pair or the earrings on the rafflr I was going to just make some for myself......LOL. Didn't find what I wanted but it's always fun looking at all the "chicken" stuff. I may change my kitchen to chickens too. It's Ivy now I can probably just add the chickens to it.

Quite a lot of chicken beads on etsy

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=chicken+beads&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

Thanks I will relook when I have more time.

Karen, how are your Orpington babies?

I'll be sending a pair of English Orps to Pennsylvania soon, I hope I can continue to help others start raising these beautiful birds.

A few pictures from this past weekend.

Dawn, this is what my Blehm girls are giving me.
IMG_5413.jpg

My Platinum Sumatra cockerel (excuse the poops) he's entering that lankly awkward cockerel stage, I'm hoping he puts on some size soon.
IMG_5417.jpg

A Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, I call her Periwinkle, she's from my breeding this year and is probably Cosette's sister Debi.
smile.png

IMG_5422.jpg

One of my Rhodies, potential future mother to my Rhodebar project.
IMG_5426.jpg

Frenchie, Wheaten Marans, who is always right underneath my feet.
IMG_5427.jpg

Toby is always underfoot too.
tongue.png

IMG_5433.jpg

A Wheaten Olive Egger pullet, my last broody hatched two chicks and I lucked out, they both ended up being pullets!
woot.gif

IMG_5436.jpg

Said broody, Judy.
IMG_5441.jpg

A Splash English Orpington pullet, I love this girl.
IMG_5419.jpg

That's all.
smile.png

Aw Jeremy Frenchie is so pretty...I'm forever Jealous...Darn you...and I'm getting the wheatie itch...I want some. I need a blue egg in my bunch although by delinquents apparently are ticked about the new coop....because no one is laying in the boxes...and I can't find where they've run off to lay....
barnie.gif

Quote:
I think it was Dawn's mom who made the earrings. I wonder if she made the chicken beads?

Mom will be here as of tuesday. heading off to see my son in Asia, but mom is bringing beadwork for the trip, including the ever-popular chicken earrings! If she has enough to fulfill my other requests, I'll post them for sale then post here to let you all know! Cute, Cute!

Quote:
I think it was Dawn's mom who made the earrings. I wonder if she made the chicken beads?

Mom will be here as of tuesday. heading off to see my son in Asia, but mom is bringing beadwork for the trip, including the ever-popular chicken earrings! If she has enough to fulfill my other requests, I'll post them for sale then post here to let you all know! Cute, Cute!

Sign me up on the wait list!!!! She makes the cutest earrings!!!

Jeremy, Your birds are so beautiful! I need to snap some new pics so I can post a recent one of Cosette. She doesn't lay a very dark blue egg but she is a sweetheart!

Quote:
They are doing fine. They look lonely with just those 2 in a pen all by themselves though. The minimum in all the other pens is a trio like the Blue Andalusians & Claude,Sophie & Rose. Usually I have 5 or so of one breed/variety housed together.
We are fine tuning the pens to make sure everyone has adequate cover for the rains that will soon be coming. Funny how all my birds have survived all these years without so much fuss & now we are scambling to make sure they are all comfortable. My old pens had solid covers but open to the air on at least 3 sides & everyone did fine. I just keep getting more &more into this........LOL

Quote:

Looking forward to it.......

Back
Top Bottom