Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Doris turned out pretty unique, didn't she?
lol.png

You're the only person to report back with a bird like her, I wonder what happened to cause the "mottling" effect?

I'm going to PM some of the Ameraucana experts and see what they think, mind if I use your picture?

Feel free! I'll see if I can get Linda to come over this weekend with her better quality camera and take some better pictures. Our cell phones are kinda old and don't take very good pictures, so I'd like to get some really good shots of her for you so you can see how pretty she really is.

Quote:
My BBS are not laying yet but my whites still are but I just leave them in their own pen to do their own thing. My son brought in a new chick a week ago but I haven't seen anymore. I could clean out her nest & see what's going on from there on.
Last January one hatched out a whole dozen & I was shocked. I learned a hard lesson though & now bring their babies in to the brooders. They all died that I left out there.

Quote:
Geez Cheryl, heck of a convoluted story to make up just because you are embarrassed to admit that you want to raise silkies. C'mon now, admit it, you wish you kept the silkies that you hatched for me... not to mention my adorable little black barred cochin-silkie cross, (aptly named Cokie), right?
lau.gif

Yeah, you guessed it, things are a bit slow at work today.

I take the 5th!! I don't mean to say that they aren't a great breed, it's just not for me, I really couldn't believe that's what she wants to hatch, but this is my good Samaritan act for the beginning of the year

Quote:
Geez Cheryl, heck of a convoluted story to make up just because you are embarrassed to admit that you want to raise silkies. C'mon now, admit it, you wish you kept the silkies that you hatched for me... not to mention my adorable little black barred cochin-silkie cross, (aptly named Cokie), right?
lau.gif

I take the 5th!! I don't mean to say that they aren't a great breed, it's just not for me, I really couldn't believe that's what she wants to hatch, but this is my good Samaritan act for the beginning of the year

Well you always know there is a happy home waiting for the extras, right next to the dust bunnies (er, I mean the bantam cochins) over here in "way out there" Orinda!
big_smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif

I think their fur like soft feathers attract alot of fans & their size is great for the kids. They do make great pets too. I had one I had to raise alone in a box & it got where it would sit at my side while a read in my chair......LOL

Thanks Karen!

Okay the question of the day for everyone...?

If you could import a flock of chickens from Europe, what would be your hearts desire?
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Orpingtons, Orpingtons and more Orpingtons!

Probably Jubilee, Spangled, Wheaten and another BBS flock to diversify my line.

The English Orpingtons are just so beautiful, nothing else can compare.

Speaking of, Karen how are your babies doing?

Back
Top Bottom