Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I have a 7-month-old barnevelder rooster you can have. He is really nice. I got him as part of a pair that were supposed to be bantam barnevelders, but they are the same size as my LF barnevelder pair and lay the same size eggs as all my large fowl chickens, so go figure. He's beautiful, and his sister/wife has beautiful double lacing so I imagine he carries that gene, as well.

Anyway, we are thinning out our rooster population & if we can't find a home for him, he is headed for Freezer Camp. In fact, he's already been put in the Freezer Camp Pen to be fattened up, but if you want him, we'll pull him out.

I have a transportation issue and live in the foothills in El Dorado county. Unfortunately, you'd have to come pick him up... but he's yours for the taking if you want him!

Send me a PM.
smile.png

mediazeal in Sac has Barnies also.

I got home from 2 days away and my incubator that had my NYD hatch was unplugged and at 50 degrees. Most of the eggs in that shipment were badly scramble or smashed, so although I didn't have much hope for them is was still upsetting. The only person who could have unplugged it was me.

Hoping to get some lights out next week and see if I can get some of my own eggs to hatch. These freeloaders are lounging and eatting like turkey dinners, so I need them to get back to work.

Quote:
Those are so great Jeremy....................Who did they come from??? I don't know all that you have.
I can't wait for for my Orps from you to grow out. I am so impressed with the size of the Buffs. I am dying to see yours all grown up. Everyone that comes over is in awe of the size of the Buffs.

Happy New Year's Day!!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I've been out of the loop for the past month. We had out of state company coming for Christmas and decided to do a little remodeling before they came. We retiled our kitchen and refinished our wood floors. What a job! It should have only been 2 weekends worth of work but ended up taking us a month. We started before Thanksgiving and really are not completely finished yet. We need to seal the granite tile and replace the baseboards in the kitchen. We were without water in the kitchen for 2 weeks and without furniture in the whole front of the house for another 2 weeks. We put the furniture back in the day before company arrived. Then Christmas was crazy with all of our kids, their spouses, their kids, my dad and his wife, and my sister, her husband, & her two daughters. We had over 20 people in the house Christmas day and our house is small. It was wild! I'm still trying to recover and get my life back to normal, whatever that is!
smile.png

Quote:
Debi,

Don't you know per Patsy Clairemore that "Normal" is a setting on your dryer......................LOL. She is soooooooooooooooo funny . I saw hewr in person at a big church in Modesto many years ago & came away laughing my head of. I have read some of her books too & they fit right into my life. One of the titles is God (the Lord) uses cracked pots. That is so true. I don't think there is such a thing as "normal".............. not around here anyway. You have good company.
Happy New Year's

Quote:
Debi,

Don't you know per Patsy Clairemore that "Normal" is a setting on your dryer......................LOL. She is soooooooooooooooo funny . I saw hewr in person at a big church in Modesto many years ago & came away laughing my head of. I have read some of her books too & they fit right into my life. One of the titles is God (the Lord) uses cracked pots. That is so true. I don't think there is such a thing as "normal".............. not around here anyway. You have good company.
Happy New Year's

LOL!!!! I think that I need to get that cracked pot book!!! This is my last week at work, too, and I'm having a hard time walking through this particular door in my life. It is a step of faith to give up the little income that my job brought in. I'm scared to step through the door and let it shut behind me. I didn't even stay up to welcome in 2012. I just went to bed and slept through all the festivities. My DH just doesn't understand why I'm so emotional about it. I was laughing with a co-worker yesterday about it and saying that when DH is presented with an open door in life, he just walks right through, lets it slam him in the behind, and never looks back.
lol.png

Quote:
Those are so great Jeremy....................Who did they come from??? I don't know all that you have.
I can't wait for for my Orps from you to grow out. I am so impressed with the size of the Buffs. I am dying to see yours all grown up. Everyone that comes over is in awe of the size of the Buffs.

Karen, those eggs are from an Olive Egger pullet that I hatched from eggs sent to me by Monique Wagner, she's ruth here on BYC. Here's the link to her website, http://bethelplantation.com/index.htm

I
wish my Orps would get to it and grow up too, I can't wait to see how my first generation of youngsters is going to grow out. Are your Buff hens still laying? For the longest time NONE of my birds were laying, we would get 1 or 2 eggs every week. Since the Solstice though production has picked back up and we're starting now to get a decent number of eggs every day. Just as soon as production is in full swing we'll be selling eggs at the farmer's markets in Oakland.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom