Bay Area BYCers!

Some of my girls and their man.... enjoying the break form the rain we have been pelted with over the last few days.

Puddle jumping and frog hunting....who said chickens weren't water fowl?

The chase is on

Bug theft!

Admiring her reflection and carrying on quite the conversation.....

Maureen, it looks more like you live somewhere in Florida or Louisiana with all that standing water!
lol.png
Great pictures! Your BLRW boy is very pretty, is he Splash Laced Red?

It does look rather swampy out there today, it was a pretty steady downpour over most of the night. We have a really high water table and a lot of adobe....thankfully most of this should all soak in within a few days and then the pastures will be lush again, It feels and looks like we had a months worth of rain since Friday. The Chickens were just loving it today.

Here are some pictures of the Cockerel, he indeed a Splash laced red, and his 2 girls are as well - they are 20 weeks old now and really filling out. I am hoping he stays a nice boy, he is already very vocal and protective, if only he would get over his piggyness he might be the perfect gentleman.

I'll admit it, I have a rooster problem - 7 boys out of a total of 35 birds. I need to buck up and thin that number. Hopefully by spring I should be down to 4, in time to make room for more....lol

He is GORGEOUS! What lines are your BLRW from?
Do you plan on selling eggs from the trio?

I wasn't planning on setting up a pen for them. I am concentrating on the Buff Laced Brahmas and the Quail D'anvers. My husband is having shoulder surgery this month so any new building will be on me....I have no idea what lines they are from but I would be happy to put you in contact with Rhonda, the person I got them from. Let me know if you would like her email, she is local out of Graton.

Last edited:
So long time no speak...I know I think I"m going to get rid of my buff laced brahma cockeral....I don't want to but I don't need another boy thus....my decision.

Back
Top Bottom