Bay Area BYCers!

Thanks Sarah, I've been wanting forever - and they are so hard to find...I had tried to hatch a couple dozen eggs from a different guy last year and none made it. These are from very hardy stock, so once we wait through a very long summer I should have chicks to share. They are 4 months now so you said they lay at 9months right sarah, so I guess that puts us at AUGUST!! LOL
Maybe you will get lucky and they will lay when they should lay! Mine take forever and average about 9 months. Ugh! I have a pen of 2 wc blue frizzles over a smooth cuckoo that are about 8 months old and not laying yet. Grrrr- I check every day hoping for some eggs but nope. Lol Their momma is laying well now (after an 8 month break)! I'm sending you an email.

WOOHOO Look what I'm getting this week. I'm trading some mille fleur leghorn chicks for 4 tolbunt polish. 2 smooth pullets, 1 frizzle pullet and 1 frizzle roo!! I have ALWAYS wanted them...I just love chickens with SPOTS!!!
wee.gif

Not a great picture...

I'll take 10! Maybe I'll be ready by Fall. I just love these and can't hatch them out either.

Quote:
Maybe you will get lucky and they will lay when they should lay! Mine take forever and average about 9 months. Ugh!
I have a pen of 2 wc blue frizzles over a smooth cuckoo that are about 8 months old and not laying yet. Grrrr- I check every day hoping for some eggs but nope. Lol
Their momma is laying well now (after an 8 month break)!
I'm sending you an email.

Sarah, I have 5 of the goofiest looking silver laced polish chicks (3 weeks old) in my brooder right now - they are hatchery stock but I think they are just a hoot! Looks like 3 boys (major funky hairdos) & 2 girls but I'll send a picture and you can tell me if I am even close. I got some good pictures of the Olandsk Dwarfs (Dwarves?) this weekend but need to get them off of the camera and on their way over to you. Darn this job where they expect me to work instead of messing around with with chicken pictures!

Quote:

Sarah, I have 5 of the goofiest looking silver laced polish chicks (3 weeks old) in my brooder right now - they are hatchery stock but I think they are just a hoot! Looks like 3 boys (major funky hairdos) & 2 girls but I'll send a picture and you can tell me if I am even close. I got some good pictures of the Olandsk Dwarfs (Dwarves?) this weekend but need to get them off of the camera and on their way over to you. Darn this job where they expect me to work instead of messing around with with chicken pictures!
Lol! I know what you mean! I could take and look at chicken pictures all day! Send me some pictures whenever you can. Can't wait to see. :)

Thanks Sarah, I've been wanting forever - and they are so hard to find...I had tried to hatch a couple dozen eggs from a different guy last year and none made it. These are from very hardy stock, so once we wait through a very long summer I should have chicks to share. They are 4 months now so you said they lay at 9months right sarah, so I guess that puts us at AUGUST!! LOL
Maybe you will get lucky and they will lay when they should lay! Mine take forever and average about 9 months. Ugh! I have a pen of 2 wc blue frizzles over a smooth cuckoo that are about 8 months old and not laying yet. Grrrr- I check every day hoping for some eggs but nope. Lol Their momma is laying well now (after an 8 month break)! I'm sending you an email.
Do you think the frizzle has something to do with the slacky laying? Mine started laying at about 6 months, (which felt like was forever) but they are like clockwork now. All four of them rarely miss a day. They've impressed me. The one other a polish I had was 3 years old and stilled layed at least 3 eggs a day. Would be interesting to know if the frizzle factor has any effect on thier laying.

No clue about the FRIZZLE FACTOR - LOL I love that!

This is my first time breeding polish, let alone frizzle, I've got much research ahead of me...they are shipping today

The gentleman that has them has had really strong hatches, so fingers crossed!

Cheryl, these pics are for you! The first one is Sir Miles and Gwendolyn! Aren't they cute together? And the second one is Miles standing up to one of our Barred Rock hens. He did not back down! I sure hope that I can figure out some way to keep a roo. I think that he would put those older ladies in their place and hopefully protect the ones at the bottom of the pecking order. I don't know what it is about spring but I have some bullying going on in my flock.
sad.png

MY last flock was mainly Polish and since, I've had zero luck with hatching out shipped eggs. Even with my own eggs way back when I think 50% hatches were normal, but got a few, very few 100%.

Wish I could get to the pc with all my pics. I had very nice birds even though I was figuring it out on my own for the most part. I'd like to be able to do that again with everything I have now.

I'm wishing you a lot of good luck with these babies Cheryl.

Back
Top Bottom