Baytril or Cipro?

Pics
Wow! I didn't realize it was so expensive. Seems like my state lab was under $100 but I may be mistaken. It's been a while since I was looking into that. Thank you Azygous for the information 💜

About the only time you'd want the gram stain test is if the antibiotic isn't working. Then you'd want to find out the nature of the bacteria's cell walls so you can then select an appropriate antibiotic to target it. Most of the time, a broad spectrum antibiotic works well, and it's not necessary to become familiar with the bacteria on a first name basis.

Ditto. I literally started raising chicks to take my mind off of killing myself. The indoor ones are even better for that because it keeps me very distracted taking care of them and watching them/talking to them all day.

Ditto. I literally started raising chicks to take my mind off of killing myself. The indoor ones are even better for that because it keeps me very distracted taking care of them and watching them/talking to them all day.
I agree I got divorced got into a really bad relationship my 2 boys went to live with their dad. Their dad kept them from me. I went to therapy got help for the ptsd from the relationship. It's was less then a year he kept them from me. By the time I went to court I lost them. My ex husband made sure of that. It's been 4 years and 3 years since I've seen them and they live 10 minutes away. I grieve 2 living children everyday of my life, and somehow I've found a way to be ok with that. At least most days. But yet I always kept custody of our daughters. Well I met Phil and my life changed so did my daughter carley's. She's 7. 5 when I met Phil. My oldest is 22 today. I'm 38. But anyways yes they help me so much that way.

I agree I got divorced got into a really bad relationship my 2 boys went to live with their dad. Their dad kept them from me. I went to therapy got help for the ptsd from the relationship. It's was less then a year he kept them from me. By the time I went to court I lost them. My ex husband made sure of that. It's been 4 years and 3 years since I've seen them and they live 10 minutes away. I grieve 2 living children everyday of my life, and somehow I've found a way to be ok with that. At least most days. But yet I always kept custody of our daughters. Well I met Phil and my life changed so did my daughter carley's. She's 7. 5 when I met Phil. My oldest is 22 today. I'm 38. But anyways yes they help me so much that way.
I'm really sorry about that. That's terrible. At least once the boys turn 18 you could see them again without the dad being able to do anything about it? I mean, I'm sure he's probably poisoned them against you at this point, but there's always hope. I'm glad you got to keep your daughters at least. It seems really weird to me that the court would take away the boys but not the girls. I call BS on that. If you're fit enough for the girls your fit enough for the boys. I bet your ex-husband had a super scummy lawyer. :mad:

I got out of my first/only relationship (6 years together and we were engaged) about three years ago now, and truth be told I still wish I could just die, but my babies need me, so I can't. They give me a reason to get up in the morning.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question, but can anyone tell me why she is still so pale? I was really hoping her color would be starting to come back by now.

She's getting about 25 mL of the dog/cat food per day as well as the 100+ mL of the Kaytee food/water slurry. I know it'll take some time for her body to build back it's store of nutrients, but it's just worrying me that she's still so pale. It's probably wishful thinking that she'd get back to normal looking so quickly, and maybe she needs to be cured of the infection before that will happen, but I'd just be curious to hear anyone else's input or experiences.

IMG_9518.JPG
IMG_9519.JPG

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question, but can anyone tell me why she is still so pale? I was really hoping her color would be starting to come back by now.

She's getting about 25 mL of the dog/cat food per day as well as the 100+ mL of the Kaytee food/water slurry. I know it'll take some time for her body to build back it's store of nutrients, but it's just worrying me that she's still so pale. It's probably wishful thinking that she'd get back to normal looking so quickly, and maybe she needs to be cured of the infection before that will happen, but I'd just be curious to hear anyone else's input or experiences.

View attachment 2973968View attachment 2973969
I wonder if it's because she's not completely well yet? Seems like there are many variables that could be behind her color. Does she spend any time outside soaking up the sun? Their feed has lots of stuff in it specifically for poultry, maybe that plays a part? The medications could be working on the infection but causing imbalances elsewhere. I'm not sure to be honest with you. How is she acting? Other than her color, does she seems to be improving? Only 2 days until the Baytril is there, right?

Comb color is more a sign that hormones are dormant than sickness, but an illness can cause hormones to go dormant. Cancer is one of them that can do this. Given the time of year, short days not quite being adequate to trigger hormones, I suggest you be patient and maybe longer days coming will give her the red comb you're yearning for.

Comb color is more a sign that hormones are dormant than sickness, but an illness can cause hormones to go dormant. Cancer is one of them that can do this. Given the time of year, short days not quite being adequate to trigger hormones, I suggest you be patient and maybe longer days coming will give her the red comb you're yearning for.
While I don't disagree with you about hormones and whatnot, I'm 100% sure this has to do with her illness.
This is what she looked like on January 6th when we were just dealing with the abscess bubble above her eye, and she was totally normal in all other respects (eating/drinking normally, normal poop, normal everything):
IMG_9443.JPG

And this is what she looked like on the 12th when we were almost done with the sulpha drugs. (The picture was taken on the 16th when I first posted about her on BYC, but it had been that way for a few days already). At this point she stopped eating and drinking on her own, poops were super dark green and she was extremely lethargic:

IMG_9491.JPG

Back
Top Bottom