Baytril or Cipro?

Pics
I just finished syringing her her "meat" (the dog/cat food) and probiotic water. I'm hopeful she'll want to eat on her own later today. We'll see. She's resting comfortably now.

Still waiting on the mail to come. Is it better to give Baytril on an empty or full stomach, or does it not matter?

I can't find info on whether to give Baytril with food or not. I ran into plenty of info about Baytril being withdrawn as an antibiotic to treat poultry as it tends to produce antibiotic resistant bacteria. For this reason, it's very important to observe egg and meat withdrawal periods when using it so this resistant bacteria doesn't get into the human food supply.

I can't find info on whether to give Baytril with food or not. I ran into plenty of info about Baytril being withdrawn as an antibiotic to treat poultry as it tends to produce antibiotic resistant bacteria. For this reason, it's very important to observe egg and meat withdrawal periods when using it so this resistant bacteria doesn't get into the human food supply.
No worries there. She's not laying right now (and even if she was I have no qualms about tossing the eggs), and she's absolutely not a meat bird. She's a pet. 100%

For cats and dogs, it's best to give Baytril on an empty stomach--I assume it's the same for chickens.
The Baytril has landed!
Her crop still had some food in it, but I wanted to just get the meds onboard.
I gave the first dose. I'll wait until her crop is empty to do the next one.
Thanks for the info @Peas4Ducks

I'm really sorry about that. That's terrible. At least once the boys turn 18 you could see them again without the dad being able to do anything about it? I mean, I'm sure he's probably poisoned them against you at this point, but there's always hope. I'm glad you got to keep your daughters at least. It seems really weird to me that the court would take away the boys but not the girls. I call BS on that. If you're fit enough for the girls your fit enough for the boys. I bet your ex-husband had a super scummy lawyer. :mad:

I got out of my first/only relationship (6 years together and we were engaged) about three years ago now, and truth be told I still wish I could just die, but my babies need me, so I can't. They give me a reason to get up in the morning.
I'm sorry how many kids do u have ? U can not let a man bring u down like that. I mean I hate my ex and I have to find a way to let that go for my sake not his. U need to do the same dear. Get in therapy I've been through 6 so far only 1i didn't mess well with. The others I learned what I could from them and move on to the next. But I'm a talker. U can friend me on fb Bobbielyn Howard I think or just Bobbie

Back
Top Bottom