BBS Cochin adopt an egg hatch-a-long

Pics
Is H1 the only one left. I lost the thread.
yes. none of the shipped eggs even started developing. :( And Annabelle's (A1) didn't develop at all. The only one that did and is still growing is H1 (Hummers egg). So then I started 3 of Ditzy's eggs and 3 more of Hummers hoping that at least ONE would grow so my other broody could hatch a chick as well (since I have 2 broody's) and NONE of those did anything. :(

Is there only one egg left?
yes. none of the shipped eggs even started developing. :( And Annabelle's (A1) didn't develop at all. The only one that did and is still growing is H1 (Hummers egg). So then I started 3 of Ditzy's eggs and 3 more of Hummers hoping that at least ONE would grow so my other broody could hatch a chick as well (since I have 2 broody's) and NONE of those did anything. :(

I have no clue what is going on. How would only 1 of Hummers develop (my own chicken with my own roo) and the 3 I started after not do anything??? They were placed under a broody 8 days after the other one (I moved any that were ? to one broody and gave the other one the new eggs). I did move all the eggs to the incubator (well H1 and the new ones) on Thurs. but H1 is still doing great and my incubator temp and humidity has been really good. but with these poor hatch rates (even from my own but a couple have been fertilized and started) I feel like I am messing something up somewhere along the way!

So is H1 in lockdown now?
Technically yes. But it is under Fajita so guess if she locks down. Lol.

But today is day 18!!!! My last 2 hatched on the night of day 20.... So maybe Friday for a hatch date??

I just won 24+ new eggs. Waiting to hear that they shipped. Thought it would be today so I got them Fri or Sat but nothing yet... Ugh!!! Hopefully I get them Sat and they aren't stuck at the PO from Sat till Mon!!

Technically yes. But it is under Fajita so guess if she locks down. Lol.

But today is day 18!!!! My last 2 hatched on the night of day 20.... So maybe Friday for a hatch date??

I just won 24+ new eggs. Waiting to hear that they shipped. Thought it would be today so I got them Fri or Sat but nothing yet... Ugh!!! Hopefully I get them Sat and they aren't stuck at the PO from Sat till Mon!!
:flfor Fajita and your eggs

Back
Top Bottom