BCM chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Amydls, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Amydls

Amydls Chirping

Mar 14, 2018
    Any guesses ? These guys are 3 weeks old.... I don’t have an experience with this breed but I am thinking 1 and 3 are maybe roos- they both have feathering on the feet, 2 and 4 do not. Combs on 1 and 3 are bright yellow, 2 and 4 are darker/Black ... I’d be happy with at least ONE pullet out of the four !

Attached Files:

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

Hi, :frow

Feet/leg feathers isn't relative to gender... they should all technically have feathered legs... I guess unless they are a different variety of Marans. Are they supposed to be black and blue copper? Where did you get them? :pop

Cute babies... :love

I will have to go see if mine have different colored combs and if I can tell any differences... great learning opportunity for me! Since FBCM is one of main focus breeds.

3. heidibee

heidibee Chirping

Mar 4, 2018
    Hi! Maybe try getting close-ups of their face in natural lighting outside, showing under the beak to see the waddles better. They are a bit young to guess accurately, but it is fun!
    #3 sure has a giant comb!!

4. Amydls

Amydls Chirping

Mar 14, 2018
    Little update. The babes are now living in a disused garage whilst they get a little bigger and we build a new coop. I am pretty sure “scruffy” is a roo... not a good looking chap... much larger comb than the other three. The other 3 I’m unsure.

Attached Files:

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Last two photos are only potential pullets i see

drumstick diva and Amydls like this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: