Beach vacation hatch..now up to 11 lavender silkie chicks!!

Well we now have 6 lavender silkie chicks hatched and a couple of porcelain/lav eggs that have pipped. Today is day 21 so we are hoping for several more of the remaining eggs to hatch. Here are some pics:

9079_photo_60.jpg

9079_photo_68.jpg

And here is a link to a Youtube of 5 of them:

I haven't got past day 9 on my first hatch yet, but am thinking of silkies and buff orpingtons next... gonna get committed by hubby!

Silkies are BEAUTIFUL, fair do's taking them with you!!!!

I set mine too not realising I was meant to be away. Will a 45 mins car ride with no extra heat damage them on day 19/20? Can wrap up incy and make hubby driver really carefully...

Just had 3 more hatch within 30 minutes of each other!!! These are from April at Broody's Bordello and it looks like they are all isabel/porcelain...at least it looks like they are a buff/lav mix. Of course, they're still wet so it's hard to tell. I'll post pics of them in the morning after they dry and go in the brooder.

Ok everyone...we are now up to 11 babies. Mostly lavenders with 3 porcelain coloring from Brody's Broodello (thanks, April!!). There are 4 remaining eggs and today is day 22. One of them has now pipped but nothing on the others. By the end of today we should have at least one more chick and I will candle the remaining three for viability.

Here they are:

9079_p5060037.jpg

9079_p5060038.jpg

9079_p5060040.jpg

9079_p5060053.jpg

9079_p5060057.jpg

I'm dying with envy lol!
I noticed the water bowl and it's wide enough for a chick to fall into, I think if you boil some pebbles and use them in the bowl you'd make sure that none drown.
What a great way to spend a vacation.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom