Beak injury

May 28, 2020
Bonney Lake, Washington
Common story it seems. Had a friend with their dog over - dog was relatively relaxed near the coop, the girls were not despite having 2 brother dogs and a neighbor dog who they don’t care about! They ran around like mad and smacked their heads on the coop a couple of times. Four of the five had blood where their beak meets their comb, one had a little beak damage. I’m so upset with myself. 😭 I’d seen the dog around farm animals and she’s very relaxed, so I just assumed.

Got blu kote on all of them and none are still bleeding. The one I’m worried about is the split. No bleeding where it split but it’s a little separated on the side. Should I do anything to patch or do you think this will heal?

Attachments

• 94DE1882-AC6B-433F-AD05-64FA6C3048F9.jpeg
    94DE1882-AC6B-433F-AD05-64FA6C3048F9.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 11
A few more pictures of the area that has cracked would be good, as it's hard to see much in the photo you provided.

Generally, if it's just a small crack, you can dab a little bit of superglue, preferably a wound superglue gel to the area, and leave be.

Sadly we didn’t get as good of photos as we though and now it’s dark! Here’s the other clear one.
3BB334EA-00A2-473E-ABDA-674A6A0597F4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom