Bear Flipped over coop

I know personally you can NOT shoot a bear legally here even in the act of getting into your coop . Killed 60 birds here in a BARN not a coop , ripped the double doors off the barn . He was here every day . Finally Hunting session. we were able to shoot him over 300 pounds .Not all laws in certain areas are the same . Fish and game did reimburse me for the last chickens.

I know personally you can NOT shoot a bear legally here even in the act of getting into your coop . Killed 60 birds here in a BARN not a coop , ripped the double doors off the barn . He was here every day . Finally Hunting session. we were able to shoot him over 300 pounds .Not all laws in certain areas are the same . Fish and game did reimburse me for the last chickens.
Very sorry this happened to you! 😞

The cleaner and scarier you are, the better. Otherwise, in simple words...the more you smell like part of the forest around you = the less likely bears will ever want to waste their time messing with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
All raptors are federally protected in the USA! Big fines, possible jail time for injuring or killing any.
Our job as flock owners is to protect our birds, but this does not include breaking the law. Fencing, roofing or netting, guard dogs, whatever, but raptors are not to be damaged.
Also raptors are the least deadly risks out there, many other predators will do more damage.
Mary

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom