Bear in my FRONT YARD!

I'm glad someone said something about laws. It's my impression that unless a bear is out to kill YOU, you'll go to prison for killing a bear in Texas. Forget your poultry/pets....they'll just say thank you for feeding our bear.
But, having a bear come through my door/window...wouldn't tolerate that at all. Shoot I had a hard enough time killing a opossum!
smile.png

Quote:
of course, the OP was referring to a black bear, not a brown bear, which is what they're protecting against in places like yosemite. a brown bear will open your car like a tin can. a black bear generally won't. they're smaller, more shy, and generally less aggressive altogether.

You think that was bad i was watching tv with the screen sliding door open. I hear the dog barking and look out the door. About 5 seconds later. arroudn the side of the house came a black bear. Full grown. It was about 10 feet between us with a open porth and a screen in the way. Yes i ran like ...... lol atlease the bear was more scared of me :|

I don't understand why I have to deal with bears, coyotes, mountain lions, etc. I live in the city - I want a protected environment - I have no desire to live like Daniel Boone. I don't want to carry a gun for protection tho it appears it has come to that. It is not uncommon to hear coyotes howling in front of my house. What I am trying to say, is where are the wildlife management people and why aren't they managing these creatures? Deer over run our area. But you can't discharge a gun inside the city limits - there are one or two hit by cars every week. And now bears in our yards!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

When we first moved to this house 4yrs ago, my kids were playing in the backyard and I was working on the computer. They were literally right outside the door. They were 6 1/2, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 at the time...

We'd kept seeing a wood chuck for a few weeks, but would keep calling it other things or acting like it was a giant monster (littles and their exaggerations) so they come running in MOMMY! Come see this HUGE thing! I think it's a BEAR!!!

So me, says yeah right. Come on mommy! REALLY! So I looked out the door and holy heck if there wasn't a black bear right in our yard, just feet from my kids! I SCREAMED, slammed the door, ran upstairs and grabbed my phone.
gig.gif
We live in the city so NOT expecting this (I'd lived in the country all my life and NEVER saw a bear, then move to the city and have bears!? hehe)

Animal control could not be reached, cops said call animal control...I left a message. Bear nibbled a bear and waddled off. It wasn't full grown, I don't think, but wasn't a cub at all either. There was a huge oil drum at the end of our driveway and the bear stood on its hind legs to see on top of it (think it was looking for water) and it was as tall as it, if not a bit taller.

Nature schmater. I'll go to the zoo if I want to see bears.
barnie.gif
Not in my back yard, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom