Bearded Dragon not acting right.

Hi. My brother's young Bearded Dragon isn't acting right. It's not eating, and feels weak. It's not gaining weight, and it's head looks too big for it's body now. What's wrong, and what can be done to help it?
What's his diet, how old is he, what substrate is he on, where did you get him and has he been treated for mites yet?

Today the Bearded Dragon is acting much better, to almost normal. We've gotten it to eat some mealworms covered in calcium. He's gotten active again, and feels like it's strength has come back. I think it's going to be ok! Thanks everyone! :hugs :hugs :hugs

Today the Bearded Dragon is acting much better, to almost normal. We've gotten it to eat some mealworms covered in calcium. He's gotten active again, and feels like it's strength has come back. I think it's going to be ok! Thanks everyone! :hugs :hugs :hugs
Sounds like he may have just been dehydrated then. So glad to hear he's doing better! ❤️

Sounds like he may have just been dehydrated then. So glad to hear he's doing better! ❤️
I had noticed that when I gave him a bath, he'd drink a lot of water. I'm so thankful someone told me to give him a bath and what to do! :wee

Yay! So glad he's OK! I'd love to see a picture of him taking a bath! 😄 Did you give him a little scrubby brush?
He tries to escape sometimes, so he might not stay still for that. I'll try getting a picture though. :p No. Not yet. A toothbrush will probably be fine, as long as if I can an unused one.

Keep iving him baths several times a week, and don't stop once he recovers. When I saw his picture, dehydration was the forst thing that popped into my head, although there are other things that could cause a beardie to look like this.

There is a good forum where beardie people can help guide you in taking care of him.
It's Beardeddragon.org. It was super active about 8-10 years ago, but there are still people keeping it going. It's sort of a BYC type board for bearded dragons. Lots of good reading there!

Keep iving him baths several times a week, and don't stop once he recovers. When I saw his picture, dehydration was the forst thing that popped into my head, although there are other things that could cause a beardie to look like this.

There is a good forum where beardie people can help guide you in taking care of him.
It's Beardeddragon.org. It was super active about 8-10 years ago, but there are still people keeping it going. It's sort of a BYC type board for bearded dragons. Lots of good reading there!
Ok. Thank you! That's good to know. I'll have to check it out!

You can also drip water right on his snoot to get him drinking - a syringe is good for this.

Bathing too often is 'supposed' to promote fungal infections in beardies. I've never run into this myself, but I haven't been big on bathing mine past the baby stage either.

I have a little water pot in my current boy's cage though I've never seen him use it. Pretty sure it all just ends up evaporating :/

As I said before, I just fresh wash and wet their daily greens and this seems to suit them well.

Back
Top Bottom