Beauitful but what am i ? (new pics of hatch mates)

splash orp? How big is he?

Very pretty bird, but roos should be held to strengent standards as far as attitude goes to earn the privilage to stick around. How is his attitude towards the girls and towards humans? Are there other roos in the line up for possible culling? What are their personalities like?

Last edited:
I love him! He is a splash, no doubt. But he does remind me of a serma. . . A little to big though, a mix? I am star struck by his coloring
love.gif
, Keep him!
thumbsup.gif

Pretty mixed breed rooster. I'd go by his temperment, as stated above. If you're not breeding for a "breed", and he's respectful of you and nice to the ladies, keep him if it works for you. If you're really short on space and breeding specific projects, I'd cull him.

i got him in a batch of splash marans eggs i ordered. as for temperment he is great a little hard on ladies(a lover not a fighter).i have his other two hatch mate roos and pullets. that why i been a little confused in getting rid of him cold he have some wheaten maren in him?he is about 8lbs, hatched in june

if that is one of his hatch mates, isn't it possible that he is a blue splash marans as well? Just clean legged? I dunno all that much about genetics of a chicken...

I wouldn't go by how hard he is on the ladies yet though. When there are fewer roosters giving them all of their "attention", it's a good possibility the girls won't look so frazzled. You could always do a pros and cons chart for each of the ones you are looking to cull, the ones with the most cons go?

Back
Top Bottom