1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Been a long time.. pics to share :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bayouchica, May 18, 2009.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi everyone,

Thought I would share a few pics with yall.Life has been busy for me,gardening,chickens & trying to keep up with cutting the grass.
    We have had monsoon rains, everything is growing like crazy. It has been cool last couple of days & I've been loving it.

This is the middle of our garden area, notice the oak tree that fell in the background.I was letting the chickens out one morning & watched it fall.It didn't damage anything,we just look at it as free firewood ,lol.
    [​IMG]

One of the biggest cypress trees around, do you see the wood ducks?
    [​IMG]

Old friend, the Louisiana Heron fishing
    [​IMG]

One of my bantams, I call her Cow,lol. She hatched some Marans from BYC member Ruth (Monique) [​IMG]

A couple of little miracles from our little piece of paradise.
    This pair of geese have been living out on the bayou for I know 8 years or more.Never been successful in hatching any babies.. till now.

Why hasn't anyone told me how cute goslings are??? [​IMG]
    I go out & feed the ducks/turtles/catfish every morning in my canoe, such a surprise to see them show up with some babies.Way,way too cute.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, Miriam [​IMG]

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Lovely pix. Thank you!!!

3. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Very beautiful pictures.

4. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pictures.

5. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Gorgeous!

I love my little goose, too [​IMG] They're great! [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Beautiful!!!! in the pic of the heron..what are those strings tied to the trees in the water? fishing things??

7. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Quote:Yeah, those are yo-yo's, personally I wish they don't litter the landscape around here. [​IMG]

Thanks everyone, glad yall liked the pics. I got a new camera a couple of weeks ago been alot of fun with it.

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Hi Miriam - great shots as always. I love the nature scenes that make up your "backyard". It was such a pleasure meeting you and your DH and I look forward to seeing you again sometime. Those little BC Marans chicks are HUGE? What are they eating? And those little goslings - oh so cute. I'm so happy for the parents who finally have little babies after all these years. I pray they live and do well - life on the bayou can be tough - probably why it took them 8 years to get babies.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great to see you and your pics... but what, no water moccasin pics from out your back door? [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Great shots!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by