Before and After ($4,000 eggs)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by joebryant, Jan 13, 2009.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

After considering the possibility that these eggs were in danger of being stolen (MissJane), I thought it best to cook them rather than sell them or hatch them to get my 2,000 hen laying flock/business started.

It was worth the sacrifice just to listen to the CITY GIRL, Anne ewww and awww... "Look how orange they are!... They're delicious!... etc."

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hey, i resemble that remark!

you ATE them? that's it. it's on!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Those are gorgeous!!!!!

Look at those yolks!

Did you share one with Ann?

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

The eggs look great! I like your pan, all my friends look at me weird for using cast iron.. [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    They look so yummy !!! [​IMG]

6. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    2000 hens? sheesh. I am curious about your feed bill. You buying by the ton? I am curious about how you are going to market your eggs as well. Those eggs do look good

Quote:¿Really, around here cast iron is standard, generally handed down generations.

MIKE D

7. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    YUM and the sausage looks YUM too!

Do you have enough for all of us?????
    Hmm...well you will when you get all those layers!

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:¿Really, around here cast iron is standard, generally handed down generations.

MIKE D

Yes really. I don't know how old you are, but I just turned 30. My friends all seem to be of the I need the newest bestest stuff.. [​IMG]

9. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)

MIKE D

Yes really. I don't know how old you are, but I just turned 30. My friends all seem to be of the I need the newest bestest stuff.. [​IMG]

I'm really old. 40

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:i would have said that was old a few years ago, but age is creeping up on me. lol Of course I'll be greatful to get old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by